Heavy Mando helmet, but in Din Djarin Ep 1/2 color scheme...

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just picked up this amazing Heavy Mando kit from thorssoli . Instead of the blue color scheme seen in the series, I decided to paint the helmet to match Mando's armor from the first episodes (the idea being, that we'll be trooping a generic mandalorian using this helmet with the ep1/2 Djarin armor):

wNNO0ll.jpg
a3GeIMY.jpg

Almost everything is painted with rattlecan. The metal parts were done with silver spray paint, a gloss coating, layer of graphite powder, then a final overcoat of gloss. I'm really impressed with the realistic metal finish using graphite powder. This is a great way to get a genuine looking metal finish on the SUPER cheap with no special equipment.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Looks fantastic. Great weathering work. One of the best things about this show is the heavy use of practical sets and props and I love how it's inspiring all these different Mando builds. Great work dude.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back