Headpiece of Ra: Acme or Official?

DarthKaal

Hi there. ;)

Starting an Indiana Jones collection, I'd be interested by a replica of the headpiece of Ra.

So far, RelicMaker's replica seems beautiful, and very accurate since it has been done using the original. Could really be the good choice to make, but... well... just too expensive for me.

Now, in what I've seen so far, I've got two choices, for similar prices: Acme Artifact, or the "Official" version (don't know what company made it, but it's licensed:Staff of Ra Headpiece - Indiana Jones Movie Prop Replicas ).

Which one is the best?
Thanks ;)

I think that's a Noble Collection Headpiece...

I couldn't afford any of those, not even the Todds (I can afford it, but I have no paypal or credit card to purchase it... only money transfer via Western Union) so I made one myself. Hahaha!

It's a total piece of crap... see pic below.
IMG_5237.jpg

I both made those, the left is my latest sculpt and the other was made using sculpey but it kinda bloated when I baked it in the oven.

Todd's Headpiece is a CostumeBase. It's a hell of a lot cheaper at around $20 (I think). I've seen RelicMaker's headpiece and I agree that it would be a real treat to get one of those as it was casted from an original prop. I've heard very good reviews of the ACME headpiece, but not enough praise for the Noble Collection HP.

Nice custom replicas Fenris. I wish I could have the talent to make my own ;)

PMs received and answered, thanks guys. ;)

Any other opinion concerning Acme and Noble versions, please?
I have a good opportunity to buy Noble Collection version, and I even like the display box, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of it first.

Personally, I'd go with the AcmeArtifacts... but if possible, get one from an older run. The newer, triple-plated versions seem to lose more detail than normal, at least that's how it appeared to me when comparing two of them. The Noble version has very crisp details, especially in the feathers, but overall I think they rather dropped the ball with it. I also really don't care how the tail feathers are cut off at an angle...

However, if you do get the Noble version, get it directly from them instead of that link you posted... It'll be much less in price and if you find a coupon code, you can get a discount on it. (Unless, you get it from someone second hand, then I'm sure it'll be less anyway.)

I'd love to get a RelicMaker/Jedifyfe headpiece too, but it's just too much money for me to come up with at this point in time. I say, for the price, you can't go wrong with the Acme Artifacts headpiece. It has a great heft to it, and is even better looking in person than it is in photographs. I love mine and I've never had one regret about getting it. Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark (1981), Headpiece to the Staff of Ra, other replicas Staff of Ra [ra] - $100.00 : Acme Artifacts, Welcome

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back