Head Goonie Back to the Future Denim Jacket (2021)

MitasTouch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So this thread is dedicated to the new 2021 Head Goonie BTTF denim jacket. Feel free to post any thoughts, ideas, or pictures of this jacket.

Right now I'd like to start of by saying I will be fading the main parts of this new jacket to be more accurate. Unfortunately they made this part of it too dark. To do this I will tape and mask off the blue sections and use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle to saturate the fabric to fade it to the correct shade.

I will have to do some tests first as to not ruin it so I will start that process once I receive mine. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I hope everyone who ordered one enjoys their jacket. This company makes quality stuff.

Attachments

• 4505fcece7fba699441d.jpg
    4505fcece7fba699441d.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 371
So this thread is dedicated to the new 2021 Head Goonie BTTF denim jacket. Feel free to post any thoughts, ideas, or pictures of this jacket.

Right now I'd like to start of by saying I will be fading the main parts of this new jacket to be more accurate. Unfortunately they made this part of it too dark. To do this I will tape and mask off the blue sections and use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle to saturate the fabric to fade it to the correct shade.

I will have to do some tests first as to not ruin it so I will start that process once I receive mine. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I hope everyone who ordered one enjoys their jacket. This company makes quality stuff.
I got the HG 2018, but i think i buy one size smaller than i should be. I'm anxious on how dark this one will come out... that and the inflating price they asked is what makes me hesitate to pull the trigger.

Do you think the grey supposed to be a bit blue tint in it?

Also received my shipping number today so I would keen to hear what your results are with the hydrogen peroxide Mitas Touch! I believe the sizing on this jacket is thought to be more accurate and they are using Black Ox denim this time round for the grey parts of the jacket. It is then faded in a Tate-Ochi style, similar to the Guess jackets. So over time, we’ll see the jacket fade naturally but hopefully the hydrogen peroxide will speed up the process

I got the HG 2018, but i think i buy one size smaller than i should be. I'm anxious on how dark this one will come out... that and the inflating price they asked is what makes me hesitate to pull the trigger.

Do you think the grey supposed to be a bit blue tint in it?
I ordered a size small for the 2018 jacket and it was actually a little too small and I'm 5'5. However they stated that this new jacket has better sizing. I compared the measurements of the two jackets and this appears to be true. Im confident that whatever size you wear now will be a good choice for this new jacket. And yes it should have a slight blue tint. Im really not sure why they went with this dark grey. Oh well.

I will not be surprised that we get yet another revised jacket in a few years.
according to one person who worked with HG on this jacket (I believe he’s on RPF actually!) this is likely to be the final iteration as they searched hard to find the original denim & method that Guess would have used. This is the closest they could get to the denim weight, look and feel but the colour is just ever so slightly off. Essentially there not sure what else they can do.

I’m glad that the cut, the snap buttons and sizing appears to be better. I can live with the colour knowing that it could probably be faded more with chemicals or just over time. I can also live with the slightly inaccurate Hollywood lining seeing as we’ve never had a great view of it in the first place to replicate.

according to one person who worked with HG on this jacket (I believe he’s on RPF actually!) this is likely to be the final iteration as they searched hard to find the original denim & method that Guess would have used. This is the closest they could get to the denim weight, look and feel but the colour is just ever so slightly off. Essentially there not sure what else they can do.

I’m glad that the cut, the snap buttons and sizing appears to be better. I can live with the colour knowing that it could probably be faded more with chemicals or just over time. I can also live with the slightly inaccurate Hollywood lining seeing as we’ve never had a great view of it in the first place to replicate.
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. Im sure this jacket will be great.

In fairness, they also said the last one was the final iteration.

But I’m glad to finally have one regardless.

I’m still mad that I didn’t let my ex buy me one back in 2018 considering she cheated on me 4 months later. Missed opportunity there. Haha

I'm surprised they didn't just do what they did last time with the main section color. It was pretty good after you throw it in the wash just a single time.

I will not be surprised that we get yet another revised jacket in a few years.
it's kinda their signature premium product..so everything is up in the air at this time if they will stop the production this time..maybe another 5 year for the 40th anniversary? Unless Guess have that initiative to rerelease this jacket which will be a dream come true.

I ordered a size small for the 2018 jacket and it was actually a little too small and I'm 5'5. However they stated that this new jacket has better sizing. I compared the measurements of the two jackets and this appears to be true. Im confident that whatever size you wear now will be a good choice for this new jacket. And yes it should have a slight blue tint. Im really not sure why they went with this dark grey. Oh well.
No way, you're the same height as i am and i bought the size S too! Ah, if only i choose the correct size back then, i might be settled with the 2018 because the color and tone is so great actually, really reminiscent with the first scene on Doc house or when he met Biff and George at his house.

i think the closest blue tint of the grey area they got was actually the 2015 one, but the cut was so deliberate in that one and the wash effect is nowhere to be found.

it's kinda their signature premium product..so everything is up in the air at this time if they will stop the production this time..maybe another 5 year for the 40th anniversary? Unless Guess have that initiative to rerelease this jacket which will be a dream come true.
We can only dream that Guess would come to their senses and re-release the jacket! I thought when ASAP Rocky used the 1986 design in his collab with Guess that it may have sparked some interest to do the 1984 jacket but alas no…

My jacket just touched down in the states.

Lucky for me, I live in NYC which means it’s only a couple miles away from me right now! That customs clearance can’t come soon enough!
Nice! Mine just departed the export office. And I forget. Did they update the paisley liner on this new one or just reuse the 2018 liner?

Nice! Mine just departed the export office. And I forget. Did they update the paisley liner on this new one or just reuse the 2018 liner?
I believe the paisley liner is the same but they’ve updated the Headgoonie logo liner to be slightly yellower than bright white…judging by the video comparisons from the last iteration to this one

TheNickFox, do you plan to get your accurate paisley liner installed into your jacket? I'm thinking about it but not sure if it's possible for a tailor to do.
not yet. But over time I might be more and more tempted.

Here are some quick pics of my jacket that arrived this morning including 1 compared to my lightened Max Cady and 1 compared to the period Guess vest.

Attachments

• 491E5F3F-57CB-4225-A17B-D96401070284.jpeg
    491E5F3F-57CB-4225-A17B-D96401070284.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 531
  • BA1DCFC7-1C0D-423A-8256-5721D5A9CFE9.jpeg
    BA1DCFC7-1C0D-423A-8256-5721D5A9CFE9.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 776
  • 0AF064D5-B119-40E3-B8A5-A5A6B5BA6F01.jpeg
    0AF064D5-B119-40E3-B8A5-A5A6B5BA6F01.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 439
  • 860C8887-3E82-499A-8CF7-7A7116BBAF12.jpeg
    860C8887-3E82-499A-8CF7-7A7116BBAF12.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 782
not yet. But over time I might be more and more tempted.

Here are some quick pics of my jacket that arrived this morning including 1 compared to my lightened Max Cady and 1 compared to the period Guess vest.
How did you lighten the max caddy one?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back