Having issue on a Star Wars Costume, could someone give me some advice?

SkwalkerV

I have been interested in doing cosplay for awhile now, this is my first try at it. I am trying to do a Luke Skywalker Bespin outfit. I do need some help with what to do about the shoes, but my big problem is the jacket. I bought the "Musterbrand" version, which is "inspired" by the original. However, after I got home I realized that it was too long. The original is to about the waist line, but this version is longer than that. The belt could not go over the jacket, because it is too puffy and it just looks awful putting the belt under it. So does any one of any ideas of what I could do? Keeping in mind after buying the jacket I am a little low on funds.

Difficult to see how easy alterations would be without seeing both the garment and you, but most things can be made to fit so long as they're not way too small. Reducing length is usually very easy, if you're not confident sewing you could take it to a clothing alteration place or contact a local costumer to help you out.

Dry Cleaners do alterations. They staff a professional to do the work. I got my ROTJ Luke shirt done at a dry cleaners with complete custom fitting.

Difficult to see how easy alterations would be without seeing both the garment and you, but most things can be made to fit so long as they're not way too small. Reducing length is usually very easy, if you're not confident sewing you could take it to a clothing alteration place or contact a local costumer to help you out.

LOL! I had to laugh at that quote (in a good way)...

"Difficult to see alterations are... confidence you must have..."

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back