Hasbro Vintage Slave 1. Lower surface detail upgrade kit.

Great work on the upgrade kit. Plan to pick one up. I've been planning on converting the first one I got a couple of years ago. Have acquired 5 eversince (four 2010s and one 2013) Glad I stumbled on your thread.

Hi everyone.
Just a quick post on here to say thanks to everyone for their kind words.

I am please to offer another few kits here. I have scrubbed the list of sent and completed kits. I will be starting another list for anyone interested right now.
If you fancy one, just post on here and i will add you to the list on Page 1. NOW SHOWN AS "THE 2021 LIST"

I will not be taking any money until the kits are ready and complete, as i hate to take any money beforehand just in case things go astray.

Thanks everyone

Hi everyone.
Just a quick post on here to say thanks to everyone for their kind words.

I am please to offer another few kits here. I have scrubbed the list of sent and completed kits. I will be starting another list for anyone interested right now.
If you fancy one, just post on here and i will add you to the list on Page 1. NOW SHOWN AS "THE 2021 LIST"

I will not be taking any money until the kits are ready and complete, as i hate to take any money beforehand just in case things go astray.

Thanks everyone
Please add me to the 2021 list. Thanks!

Cheers guys, Billy Pilgrim, and mktodd, you are now on the list, first come first served. I will keep you all posted as it happens.
Once again, just to reiterate. I will not take any payments until the kits are ready to send out. Its just the way i like to do it.
Thanks again folks.

really good job but the price in my opinion is insane. 180 euros are excessive to say the least. I understand the time taken. But the gain is disproportionate. The fair would be a maximum of 50 euros. Think how many you have sold to date and how many you would sell for 50 euros. As a pattern maker you are crazy, but as a salesman you have wide margins to improve yourself.

really good job but the price in my opinion is insane. 180 euros are excessive to say the least. I understand the time taken. But the gain is disproportionate. The fair would be a maximum of 50 euros. Think how many you have sold to date and how many you would sell for 50 euros. As a pattern maker you are crazy, but as a salesman you have wide margins to improve yourself.
Thanks. for the praise. 50 euros just isn't anywhere near the labour or time to cast and check and pack and etc. Sorry you feel that way. I guess in a few years one may pop up on ebay for a reduced rate. As for the gain!. Well the hasbro lower surface looks really bad to me, and i think the gain is very worth it. But thats just me. No complaints from the guys who have already had one !, although im sure they would have had two each if they had been 50 euros. I am not a kit seller, nor a manufacturer, i just thought others may fancy a fairly decent slave 1 so made these parts.
Thanks for checking the thread though.

Thanks. for the praise. 50 euros just isn't anywhere near the labour or time to cast and check and pack and etc. Sorry you feel that way. I guess in a few years one may pop up on ebay for a reduced rate. As for the gain!. Well the hasbro lower surface looks really bad to me, and i think the gain is very worth it. But thats just me. No complaints from the guys who have already had one !, although im sure they would have had two each if they had been 50 euros. I am not a kit seller, nor a manufacturer, i just thought others may fancy a fairly decent slave 1 so made these parts.
Thanks for checking the thread though.
points of view. I repeat that the work is excellent, but once you produce a lot of them, you see the gain anyway. How many do you sell for 180 euros? 10/20/30? if you sold them for 50 euros you would sell hundreds. And producing them, once you have the molds, is a very simple job. How long does it take you to print a kit? pour the resin, 10 minutes. Wait for drying, and that's it. It doesn't seem like a big job to me. I understand the work involved in making the molds. But you pay off that by selling more pieces. If you do something by selling it, you do it only because you want to make money. So if you want the easy money, put a high price like 180 euros but I don't think you will find all these buyers. Here in the post I have seen a few 10. If you want to make money, lower the price. This is called trade. Mc donald's taught

Im sorry, but i don't have time to turn my passion into a mould pouring business, i have many other things happening in my business life. It takes considerably more time to pour a set of parts than you think and i am always conscious that turning your passion into a business can ultimately kill the passion. Thanks for the business chat though, i will bear it in mind.

I am pleased to let you know the first 5 kits are now packed and ready for their new owners.
If you guys are on the list in the first post, you have first dibbs on these.
Please PM me and i will sort out the details etc.

Thanks everyone.

As someone who doesn’t own this toy, what are the details like on the rest of it? Ive Always wanted one of these since the early days of Master Replicas but don’t really want a giant toy with an awesome bottom.

As someone who doesn’t own this toy, what are the details like on the rest of it? Ive Always wanted one of these since the early days of Master Replicas but don’t really want a giant toy with an awesome bottom.
To be fair, its a great size but some of the details are clunky and need some work. But with a bit of effort it comes out really nice. I am very happy with the look of mine now its done. Well, almost done ;-)
Heres a build thread using the refit kit, so you can see how it all looks.
AP slave 1 repaint 5.jpeg
AP slave 1 repaint 1.jpeg

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back