HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

Usagi Pilgrim Life enjoys throwing the occasional curveball smack in between our finances, it's unavoidable and over time in this hobby you learn to begrudgingly roll with it. I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to pickup a pack during the initial backing. Stay optimistic dood and save up. If you're not able to source a reasonably priced pack when they start popping up next year you'll have more than enough to build up/pay for an already built replica. :)

Well, as wasn't able to get one due to budget reasons, I'll put my tail between my legs & humbly ask...

If anyone that bought extras & would be willing to sell me one, I ask you'd keep me in mind. That being said, I'm hoping they'll be at a reasonable markup.

I appreciate anyone's consideration.
There definitely are some generous GB's out there who I'd bet might be willing to let one go to you at a not so terribly high markup. I backed two with the intent of keeping one in the box and having the other for display, but once I get my hands on them both, I'll see if I want to stick with that plan or not.

Is it fair to think that the pack could fit, with the included stand, in the bottom of a Detolf, with a shelf removed?

Attachments

• IMG_9390.JPG
    IMG_9390.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9394.jpg
    IMG_9394.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 103
With either the supernatural or a standard guitar stand the pack minus the wand width wise is a troublesome fit. Moducases are a more expensive option but they have a lot of choices for sizes and lighting.

HASBRO has announced that going forward, all their Spengler's wands will come with orange tips. The change is due to, with the release of the Proton Pack, the wand is no longer considered a display item. It will now be a role-play item & need to meet public & con standards.

Just wanted to give those who have pre-ordered one of the change.

I HONESTLY don't know how to feel about this from a COMMON FREAKING SENSE standpoint, but whatever.

It doesn't look like a gun, what are they talking about it? Do vacuum cleaners need to have an orange tip? Glad I got one before the change.

Looks like they also made that that fake black button silver now.

You can easily fix the orange using silver rub n buff. I had to touch up a spot on the tip of mine with rub n buff.

Is it fair to think that the pack could fit, with the included stand, in the bottom of a Detolf, with a shelf removed?
I have my Mack's Factory shell leaning in front of one of my Detolfs and it looks like it will barely fit inside. You have to keep in mind the little extra space that metal frame takes up inside the display case as well.

Theyve already updated the photos:

View attachment 1535524
OOF! Yeah, I'm glad I got my Spengler wand from the first run too... That orange tip really draws the eye.

I think ultimately the safety cap is a minor inconvenience an airbrush or spray can easily resolves. That silly orange tip is just there to cover themselves from liability, they are after all unlicensed nuclear accelerators, we shouldn't confuse those for guns. :p

I'm still hoping someone will make a metal tip. I asked AJ Quick if they would do one specifically for the Hasbro wand, but he didn't seem to understand what I was asking for.

Agreed it‘s a silly change, but folks need to remember it’s not Hasbro’s decision or choice to make - they have to comply with the local regulations.

Seems like a relatively minor thing to fix. Given all the mods people are already talking about doing to the pack, I’m a little surprised at the backlash over this, but that’s the internet for ya…

Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back