HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

Oh, well there you go! No WAY it could be undersized
Not saying your‘re wrong, it could very well be undersized. I’m no expert on proton pack dimensions but what evidence is there of it being undersized besides a most likely photoshopped pic of the pack being worn? There’s nothing else in these photos to give it scale.

Its a $400 dollar collectable and the images of the pack shown definitely fit that price tag. It'll be a great pack for those who don't have the funds to assemble a 1:1 replica pack which run about $1,000 plus with functioning electronics. this pack will sit nicely between the 85% scaled Spirit pack and a full on 1:1 replica pack with all the bells and whistles.

I'm thinking it's the Alice pack that's throwing the size off. It can be mounted on one, so I'll be interested in seeing how much difference that would make. The description on the site & all the press says it's scanned from Egon's pack from AFTERLIFE & is 1:1. Personally ain't got no reason to doubt that.

scanned from 1/1 After Life pack
I have a theory, maybe some or all packs used in the film are a bit under scaled to help on weight for the kid actors
reason for the pack looking a bit under scaled
But I don't know about the details for Ghost Buster props, so, maybe After Life packs are true scale and used references from the previous 2 GB films.
But the pack looks great and be something I would love to display a wall.

But does anybody know if I need to buy the current wand to be used with this pack or down the road Pulse will add the Wand accessory once they reach a certain goal?

scanned from 1/1 After Life pack
I have a theory, maybe some or all packs used in the film are a bit under scaled to help on weight for the kid actors
reason for the pack looking a bit under scaled
But I don't know about the details for Ghost Buster props, so, maybe After Life packs are true scale and used references from the previous 2 GB films.
But the pack looks great and be something I would love to display a wall.

But does anybody know if I need to buy the current wand to be used with this pack or down the road Pulse will add the Wand accessory once they reach a certain goal?

I don't want to spoil anything, but someone on the set jokingly confronted original GB director Ivan Reitman about the weight of these current packs, & why couldn't the originals be this light, so the size is the same, but weight was considerably lower.

Looks like, yes, you'll need to pick up a wand, as the page has a link to order theirs.

IDK if it was said in the Livestream, as I'm not a premium member, but the pack shown was the actual prop, not Hasbro's version. The first picture says as much, so although there will be some changes for manufacturing purposes, this will be the same size as Egon's pack from the original movies, just with the mods he added in the meantime.

Lastly, as far as it being 1:1, the wand has been shown to be the same size as the screen-used wand, other than barrel diameter I think, but real world parts can be swapped out without looking too large. I don't see any way they'd be selling this pack to go with that wand & purposefully make it too small. Simply attatching the wand to the side would expose that & an undersized pack is not what they're selling.

Also why would they bother making it smaller? They aren’t trying to make sure these fit on shelves so size isn’t an issue there. The top of the pack compared to the model’s shoulders looks correct to me. Once again, it just looks smaller because it doesn’t have the Alice frame protruding from the sides and the pack is riding low on the model.

I'm going to assume anyone claiming this is undersized is trying to lower the number sold in order to increase the aftermarket value of their investment. This is 1:1 scale. (That bad 'shop isn't doing them any favors.)

It's already half way to being funded.

Adam Savage has a ton of reference photos of the pack. The only thing I would immediately mod is the yellow fabric cord. Other than that it looks great.

CollageMaker_20211027_194834032.jpg

Last edited:
I already backed this out of the gate yesterday, but I think they could still make a few improvements to the prototype. Like for an example the Ribbon Cable and the neon yellow Loom doesn't seem to accurate. Easily fixable, hoping it does. I also think the motherboard should be able to accommodate a Alice frame without extensive drilling.

Also I do hope that back view is a Photoshop and hope the pack isn't undersized even though they label it as a 1:1 recreation. Maybe the guy is just wearing it a bit low.

Again, there's not even a prototype of this pack yet. All the pics of a physical pack are of the actual movie prop. The grayscale images are renders & scans of the pack.

Any 'inaccuracies' are present on the prop. HasLab will only create a prototype AFTER the funding is secured & the window closes.

Again, there's not even a prototype of this pack yet. All the pics of a physical pack are of the actual movie prop. The grayscale images are renders & scans of the pack.

Any 'inaccuracies' are present on the prop. HasLab will only create a prototype AFTER the funding is secured & the window closes.
The photos on the website are clearly a physical prototype. The film pack is only referenced because it is shown in the promo video.

The photos on the website are clearly a physical prototype. The film pack is only referenced because it is shown in the promo video.
If that's so, this is the first & ONLY time a prototype has been created & shown BEFORE the funding is finished. That's how every other one has worked.

This is this first image shown & had this caption. All others say that the details are subject to change.
Screenshot_20211028-104239.png

Most of the pics shown are of a actual prototype. The ones showing the back and insides and whatnot. The actual film used packs did not have any of the removable cyclotron parts and they do have a ALICE frame.
Adam has a video on his channel showing a real pack and what's inside one of them. Although it is possible there are other ones with the removable parts that I am not aware of.

And if you all remember..... I'm brainfarting on the guys that were interviewed..... one of them even mentions when he walked into the room he thought he was looking at one of the real ones initially until they got closer and were able to play with it.

Last edited:
They had a prototype for Galactus, so it’s not unheard of. And yeah the one shown in the detailed shots is clearly not the same one as the screen used reference shown in the video.

If that's so, this is the first & ONLY time a prototype has been created & shown BEFORE the funding is finished. That's how every other one has worked.

This is this first image shown & had this caption. All others say that the details are subject to change.View attachment 1507311
“Subject to change” is basically the definition of prototype.
And yeah, the one pictured on the Haslab site is the physical prototype they showed Jason Reitman.
Most of the pics shown are of a actual prototype. The ones showing the back and insides and whatnot. The actual film used packs did not have any of the removable cyclotron parts and they do have a ALICE frame.

One of the things Jason Reitman says is that there is a screen used prop where you see those cyclotron interior details.

benhs thanks, I do vaguely remember hearing that now that you mention it. I guess that would be a good reason for the Hasbro one to have that :cool: Also....Jason Reitman.....I knew that...I hate brainfarts lol:p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back