HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

Apologies to all for my misinformation. I only got to see the actual stream this afternoon, & a lot was cleared up there.

I was basing what I said on previous HasLab projects I'd backed, other reviews of the process I'd seen, & screenshots with erroneous descriptions from other sites.

I never want to come across as doubling down when I'm wrong just to save face, so thanks to those that corrected me with the correct info. I do appreciate it.

I have the Spengler wand, so I may back it when it hits the 7k and I get the hose.

At $400, it's a steal, really. Especially if it is 1:1. Even taking the extra $100 or so for the Spengler wand into account. It's getting a lot of hate on social media for being incomplete for the cost but these folks have no idea how much a pack can cost, lol!

That being said, I'd take the split loom and the alice frame over the removable cyclotron feature any day of the week.

Those mount holes on the motherboard are obviously for an alice frame, not sure what else they could be. The straps look like they come off very easily at the top, I'm assuming the same at the bottom. The question is - what is that motherboard made out of and will it actually be safe to mount an alice frame to it without replacing it?

Also, if the new wire coupled with the ribbon cable was yellow on the screen used prop, why would you make it a vintage-looking beige lol?

Supposedly these are the unlockable goals. The only one I'm really interested in is the hose for the wand. Maybe the notebook as well depending on how it looks compared to what I assume is an Afterlife prop.

In one of the photos you can see what the display stand will look like.
received_312396550334796.jpegF5226_PROD_GHB_Tango_02860_1500x.jpg

Man... Those are cool goals, but when they said the pack would be modular, I was thinking the Classic would be switch out parts to make it like an '84 pack, then the AFTERLIFE would allow you to customize your pack to make it like other packs from the new film, & the Spengler would be like an in-universe tool kit or something along those lines.

Either way, going through my props now to see what to sell to fund this thing. Looking like a PORTAL gun, a HASBRO FALCON, & maybe a V2?

LOL

Man... Those are cool goals, but when they said the pack would be modular, I was thinking the Classic would be switch out parts to make it like an '84 pack, then the AFTERLIFE would allow you to customize your pack to make it like other packs from the new film, & the Spengler would be like an in-universe tool kit or something along those lines.

Either way, going through my props now to see what to sell to fund this thing. Looking like a PORTAL gun, a HASBRO FALCON, & maybe a V2?

LOL
Who knows, I can’t find any confirmation of those stretch goals.

Who knows, I can’t find any confirmation of those stretch goals.
Yeah... In the past, I thought stretch goals are only revealed after the goal had been met, on the ones I've seen.

I think it's kinda weird that the connector hose would only come as a stretch goal.

Honestly you are getting a lot of bang for your buck here. You’re getting A LOT when this isn’t much over a nice Proton Pack Shell.

I’m going to get one and convert back to an ‘84 and I’m positive I won’t be the only one doing this. So expect people to make mods for it just the Spirit Pack.

I really don’t get the point of buying this just to mod to an 84 pack. I’ve seen a lot of people complaining it’s not the 84 pack, but why would it be? It’s a new movie, and if the pack looked the same 30 years later we would complain about them not putting attention into it and just being lazy. I backed this thing immediately, because I want an Afterlife pack. These images look really good, and outside some weathering and adding an ALICE frame, they don’t need a lot of work. You could just make an 84 pack from like a Ben of Kent shell. Pretty sure his shells around the same price as this entire pack.

I really don’t get the point of buying this just to mod to an 84 pack. I’ve seen a lot of people complaining it’s not the 84 pack, but why would it be? It’s a new movie, and if the pack looked the same 30 years later we would complain about them not putting attention into it and just being lazy. I backed this thing immediately, because I want an Afterlife pack. These images look really good, and outside some weathering and adding an ALICE frame, they don’t need a lot of work. You could just make an 84 pack from like a Ben of Kent shell. Pretty sure his shells around the same price as this entire pack.

I just prefer the '84 pack, specifically the Omni. I don't dislike the Afterlife pack at all, I think its badass! It comes down to preference. Sure you can make am '84 pack from Ben of Kent parts and you can pay at least triple the price too of the Hasbro pack.

It's weird but I was comparing an 84 to the new Haslab pack and honestly...not much difference at all! For some reason in my head I just had this vibe that it was a night and day difference but it's not. It looks like a well worn OG pack. The Omni pack specifically looks unworn and brand new.. I want one eventually, but it's not the best to compare to.

It's weird but I was comparing an 84 to the new Haslab pack and honestly...not much difference at all! For some reason in my head I just had this vibe that it was a night and day difference but it's not. It looks like a well worn OG pack. The Omni pack specifically looks unworn and brand new.. I want one eventually, but it's not the best to compare to.
Yeah... It's really just supposed to be Egon's pack, basically from the '84 movie & the sequel, with the mods he did after (& I'm guessing here) the Ghostbusters disbanded.

That's why I'm really holding out hope that we could get some swappable parts to really customize this thing.

The neutrono wand has the extra effects from the Canon video game, so even some extras to realize that would be pretty cool.

A shell alone costs the same as this entire Hasbro pack - literally the reason why people would mod it to an '84 lol.

A question about accuracy sort of... regarding the Clippard valve as I am kinda trying to plan ahead for some possible upgrades.
It was brought to my attention yesterday that the one on the Afterlife pack is apparently a R-331, along with possibly a 331 on the wand as well. The original Spengler hero pack and wand had the 701 on both. The semi hero Spengler did have a 331 on the pack and the wand is apparently unknown.

I replaced the one on my Spengler wand with a 701 based of the original and had planned on a 701 for the pack.... but now I guess to be correct I should the 331?? At least correct for the movie anyway even tho the 701 would technically still sort of be right.... or not???

Also a bit of a side note, the Zeddemore semi hero did have a 331 on the pack and wand.

I ultimately bought two on the sage advice of Jedifyfe, one to mod and the other to hold onto to flip down the road. I still intend to build my own pack but this was too good a price point to pass up. I would have never thought in my wildest fever dream I'd see an official version commercially available to buy. It's truly an embarrassment of riches lately if you're a fan of this franchise.

You guys might want to keep an eye on Game Stop. I bought two wands on clearance for 50.00 each.
Yeah, I definitely need to talk to you about one of those! That's an insane bargain. o_O

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back