HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

Been slammed at work recently but finally had an opportunity to open the pack and wand (the wand arrived months ago!).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I absolutely love this thing. I think Hasbro crushed it, especially at this price point.

Look forward to embarking on the journey of modding, but, in the meantime, I’m going to have the biggest dumb grin on my face. A childhood dream come true…

Sean

A few have mentioned this is some of the Hasbro Pack FB groups - some have suggested a piece of electrical tape around the internal hose fitting on the pack seems to solve it. For some there is just a bit too much play which can cause the pack to shut down if the hose is wiggled. There's a video here with someone showing the fix - give it a go and hopefully sorts it. I've seen Hasbro has sent out a few replacement hoses to people as well so worth reaching out to them.
I have a second pack to open up and make sre it works. After I do I may reach out to hasbro just to see if they'll send a hose. But most likely it's gonna be the electrical tape tin foil solution. They probably wouldn't have too much of an issue if the hose wasn't so stiff.

Finished my full hose & loom replacement with real parts. Ignore the rest as it’s in a state of mid-modification.

7FCF8F3B-A79C-4DAA-B9ED-732479A8214D.jpeg
083E7D74-2C9C-4558-9EEC-D692924DBED2.jpeg
34399A32-4D06-43DE-A104-8C31A6506092.jpeg
2FDCF736-35B6-4C4E-8653-179841EAB913.jpeg

Couple more updates. Opened up the pack and replaced the power cell lense with a piece of smoked acrylic.

Also, the mad lads at Hasbro read our minds. I was tired of opening the cyclotron to switch modes. Hasbro included a mount in the dummy switch that the mode switch fits perfectly into. If you attempt this mod, just note that you will only want to push the switch in until it’s flush with the top of the mount. I added a dab of super glue so it would not move. The only downside is the mode switch Will no longer make the sound effect when you switch modes. It seems like it only makes that sound if the cyclotron cover is removed.

Attachments

• IMG_7124.MOV
    84 MB
You mean the wires inside the yellow flex hose? Just whatever I could find at the auto store, no idea. It’s too thick compared to the reference but it’s all I could find.
yeah those are the ones, to me me the ones in the yellow flex hose look 20 gauge or so and the ones that are coming out of the hose split are 14 or 16 gauge but was hoping someone new for sure.... was going to buy some multi color wire sets of Amazon

I've started looking at that, it's going to be annoying though as the 'wires' around the Clippard have slots that the wire are moulded into. So they're going to need to be filled.
Anyone have any tips removing the grounding copper wires?
I saw a comment on a video I watched and the guy said he used heat and is now able to pop them on and off when he wants

Would love to see how you attached the ribbon cable to the original cyclotron clamp.

Trimmed the posts down, just enough that they contact the wires, then sloppily applied super glue. It honestly isn’t ideal and I’ll probably replace the clamp with a GBfans version to make it permanent. It will do for now though.

Some pretty nice aluminum motherboard options here:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back