HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

They are pretty heavy. I know not as heavy as fan-made but heavy enough that I don't want to try a heavier one.

There are far fewer defects than it sounds. Judging by some of the unboxings I watched, I am willing to bet a decent percentage of issues is due to user error. I saw one dude yank the ribbon cable until it snapped off, instead of using the little release notches. He didn't break it, but my god read the instructions.

You thinking of buying one or something?
Good guess lol

Is everyone happy with these or do you have to make upgrades to make them look less like a toy ?

There are a few things that make it look like a toy like the fake copper wires but overall it looks pretty good and from a few feet away I wouldn't say it looks too toyish. It has good weight to it.

Like I said, the switching can be kind of finicky, at least on mine (mine will power up from the wand, but sometimes when I flip the activate switch on the wand after turning on the main power switch, it will shut the pack off instead), but that doesn't happen all the time.

Is there a defect With these ?
Some people have been reporting connectivity problem with the wand (like turning it on would shutdown the pack and such), and the V-Hook male/female for that wand to be attached to the pack being wiggly (or even not work at all). I have Gen 2 Wand though, maybe that's why it's fine. Apparently they even fixed the wire smashing (when closing the extended barel) issue so... that's good :D

Some people have been reporting connectivity problem with the wand (like turning it on would shutdown the pack and such), and the V-Hook male/female for that wand to be attached to the pack being wiggly (or even not work at all). I have Gen 2 Wand though, maybe that's why it's fine. Apparently they even fixed the wire smashing (when closing the extended barel) issue so... that's good :D
Is that with the orange tipped wand or the other ?

So if you get the first gen you're going to have issues ?
As I'm not an owner of first gen, I don't know for sure, but it seemed after watching some videos and comments (here and on a facebook group) it seemed to me that most people who had issues with VHook and connectivity had first gen.

Oh and there's also a hose issue (breaking/not connecting properly) but apparently Hasbro is aware of it and send replacement quite fast it that happens.

Adam Savages weathering video was a ton of help with disassembly.

I have such a strong urge to convert it to an Omni Pack but there are such cool greeblies on this one. I unfortunately think the shotgun pump handle is an eye sore.

As I'm not an owner of first gen, I don't know for sure, but it seemed after watching some videos and comments (here and on a facebook group) it seemed to me that most people who had issues with VHook and connectivity had first gen.

Oh and there's also a hose issue (breaking/not connecting properly) but apparently Hasbro is aware of it and send replacement quite fast it that happens.
That there is a replacement already set up from Hasbro tells me there is a big issue .

As I said earlier, mine is finicky. It works fine most of the time, but sometimes the activate switch shuts the pack off instead of turning on the wand. Sometimes it will do it five or six times in a row before it starts working normally.

So if you get the first gen you're going to have issues ?

Not necessarily. I have a first gen wand. It latches on the pack fine. I briefly had the switch shutdown issue but fresh batteries solved that. I had 2 cells at 100% and 2 at 90%. I think the difference causes the problem. You need 4 matching batteries. I used the tape on the connector method to solve the connectivity issue. I couldn't get the aluminum foil method to work. I bet a bit of bronze wool in the holes would work as well, (not steel, since that could rust.)

Last edited:
Also first gen wand, no issues.

People are also forgetting that the orange tip is more like a third gen as they sold out of the original batch and made more once the pack was announced. Then they started making them with orange tips.

Some of the weathering I’ve done so far.

Added copper tape to the wires, did a dark wash and silver rub n buff to the screws.
D1D28DE3-8A12-452C-8797-C4AA54E9511B.jpeg

Some rub n buff to the cyclotron cover and a dirt wash on the lenses. It shows up more when it’s lit up.
AB5086B8-50CC-49F7-A677-71A51870D511.jpeg

Dirt wash on the power cell lens.
8297D20A-140C-4541-92DE-80A072E2DEA5.jpeg

I like the mostly silver look of the PPD from the screen used pack, so I covered it completely in rub n buff. Also included the flexo sleeve. I wrapped a thin piece of tape around the middle and hit it with bursts of black and brown spray paint.
33463441-7724-44E8-B947-6BF7BFC6F1A6.jpeg

Did my own version of the wires that attach to the cyclotron and just wrapped the existing wire with copper tape. Looks fine until I decide if I want to go more accurate.
711EFCB4-1427-4CF4-A56F-348AA6DAB3F9.jpeg

Painted the gas mask hose. Still deciding if I want to build a new hose from scratch and leaving the stock hose in one piece.
BF03595A-62B2-4065-ACE4-B0AA8DFEED66.jpeg

Lastly, cracked open the cyclotron cover and added three layers of diffuser. I used some spare that I had lying around from lightsaber builds.
235873EC-5BDD-4A02-AABC-67B93F48C456.jpeg

Mine came in this weekend... Everything has been pretty well covered here so I've nothing really new to add other than I was quite surprised by the weight. I have a scratch made pack I built several years back that's primarily built from wood for the shell and I was really surprised that the Haslab pack is only SLIGHTLY lighter than the pack I built! I'm not saying this as a negative at all, I'm actually quite impressed... It's an amazing piece despite the fact it's mass produced. Like a lot of you, I'm planning a few mods and additional weathering but it really doesn't need that much.

Also, I have a first gen wand and I've not had any issues with compatibility or how it attaches to the pack. Rock solid!

The ONLY complaint I have, and I've wondered if this has bugged anyone else, the solid front plate on the ion arm. Why go through the trouble of making that brass bar one solid piece the runs through the front plate, or at least make the hex head bolts apart of the mold. Just seems easy enough to have added. Anyways, not a huge deal as that's part of the mods I'm planning to add.

-B89!

Last edited:
The ONLY complaint I have, and I've wondered if this has bugged anyone else, the solid front plate on the ion arm. Why go through the trouble of making that brass bar one solid piece the runs through the front plate, or at least make the hex head bolts apart of the mold. Just seems easy enough to have added. Anyways, not a huge deal as that's part of the mods I'm planning to add.

-B89!
The funny thing is the hex heads were part of the iron arm piece on the Hasbro prototype. I don't understand why they would remove that. The other major difference between the prototype and final product is the scuba hose section of the wand loom being black instead of green.

Screenshot_2023-01-23-10-06-48-05_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back