Has anyone else had an awful Anovos experience?

TFrosst

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I was all excited to purachase one of their proton pack kits and fortunately it went up for sale. Bought it in January and then silence. No updates, nothing. They do state a 14 day delay in shipping items (don't really understand that) so I waited. Gave it 3 weeks an emailed them. The response I got was that due to the sale, it's actually taking them longer and can take from 20-30 days to ship items (again, makes no sense in my mind how an in stock item takes 30 days to wrap up and ship). So I waited, and still nothing. Emailed them 3 times since the 30 days have elapsed and have not gotten a response.

To top that off, they now have another sale that, based on this experience, will probably put them into 2020 for shipping.

I get that they may be a small company, but c'mon. In this day and age, there really should be ANY issues communicating delays or changes. Nothing is posted on their website nor do I get any responses. If i'm paying as much as I am for an item, there should be some accountability. I'd happily cancel my order but with no one to contact, I have no idea how.

I'm posting this as a warning to anyone that wants to purchase something from them. Be prepared for a long wait and no communication from this group.

I haven't purchased from them since they did the rank pins for BSG. Even back then there were delays, but thankfully nothing as bad as what they seem to be going through these days.

Wow, I read through a few of the posts and it all sounds terrible. How are they still afloat?? Better question, without responses, how can I cancel my order? They've posted on various social media sites in the past and have stated that one can cancel an order before shipment.

I was seriously thinking of buying a ST Discovery Phaser from them but after reading what others are going thru but given the ridiculous base price and extra ridiculous fees they add for a payment plan, shipping and "handling" I decided to just do without. Something really bothers me about doing business with people who hide behind emails and barley communicate. I would have loved to have the prop but its not going to effect my life one bit being without it......I just simply bought something else I liked with a company that has a history of delivering and a phone number to call them if a problem arises. and doesn't rape you financially for a payment plan...delivery will be next month. I say simply dont buy from them......perhaps they will turn over the licensed props to another company that treats its customers better.
I know from the movies they've been involved with they do good work but given their track record I don't know why studios even hire a company with such a poor customer service record given the tight schedules movie companies have for delivery of any props needed for production....my guess is big money talks and their licensed props are just chump change to them and they treat it as less important.

Their stuff is great. Their shipping and customer service is hurting their business. Personally, all of the Anovos stuff I own I either bought it here or on eBay. Yeah, I may pay a few bucks more, but I only have to wait a week to get it. When dealing with Anovos, they get your money then it's "We'll send it when we're darn good and ready. We will take our own sweet time and work on OUR schedule. Don't like it? Tough! We already have your money! Just TRY and get it back! Bwahahahahahaha!"
I'm paraphrasing of course.

I ordered a Discovery phaser in Dec of 2017, $535 plus shipping, paid upfront. They lied through their teeth about everything being on schedule back in November, then on the last day if the 2018 Fall shipping season, they bumped it out another 3 months for a winter shipping season. That 3 month period is up ion 3/19, which is 5 days away. I'm kind of expecting another A-NO-GO from ANOVOS. I did buy a droid caller from a 3rd party seller on eBay and it is very nice. I guess I would recommend waiting until ANOVOS items become available through 3rd party sellers, like Entertainment Earth. Then you won't have to deal with a horrible company directly, but you can still enjoy their nice products.

Ryan at Anovos support told me today that the discovery phasers are in customs and will ship once they reach the warehouse. 3 months ago the same guy told me everything is on schedule a week before the end of the fall shipping schedule, then on the last day, they pushed it out 3 more months. so I guess we will see.

So they are actually saying that something that was supposedly in the country 3 months ago is still going to take at least another 3 months be for they ship? That is wrong on so many levels.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back