Has anyone done any research on Scorpion from Mortal Kombat: Legacy?

TehEl1te

Sr Member
Hey guys! So I really want to put together a good quality costume replica of the scorpion suit seen in the Mortal Kombat: Legacy web series. I will link the videos where you can see him. (He is the yellow one in case you did not know.)

YouTube - ‪Mortal Kombat Legacy - Scorpion vs Sub Zero‬‏

YouTube - ‪Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 7: Scorpion and Sub Zero (Part 1)‬‏

YouTube - ‪Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 8: Scorpion and Sub Zero (Part 2)‬‏

The first vid is just all his clips in costume combined... the second 2 are the full episodes featuring scorpion.

After long research I found the exact mempo used for scorpion. It was made by the people at Japanese-Armor.com . I contacted them and they actually confirmed that they sent them the mempo for the film.

Here is an image of Scorpion's mempo and the exact one they sent them for the film. Exactly the same... the guys at MK: Legacy just did the alterations to it.

ScorpionMempocomparison.jpg

Only downfall is it is $145 +S&H for that mempo.

Anyway, I intend to try and recreate this or do my best with what I can in skill/time/budget. If anyone has any leads or possibly any ideas as to what parts are what or made of... I'd be EXTREMELY grateful!

Thanks!

Thanks Tigerblood... I am happy I found the item... I am more concerned about what his black under suit is made of... what type of material. Are his arm guards leather, or another material. Those kinds of answers. :)

Good work on finding the mask. I'm not that into the series on Machinima, but thought when it was coming out as an actual film it might've been cool to see it. Regardless, I look forward to seeing the costume finished! That's pricey for the mask, but I'm sure worth it. Being able to tell people you've got a completely screen accurate item would be cool.

Thanks!!!! I hope to make some good progress. I would love to get this costume, atleast a V1 done for Otakon at the end of july. Help me find some good sources and materials rpfers! :D

Hey dude! Nice to see you here man. :) Still rocking the MK! Very cool. I look forward to seeing it completed bro. Good luck!

Thanks!!! I've been researching like crazy... I am having a super difficult time figuring out what his black undersuit is... is it cotton, is it a found item or made... does anyone have any good leads as to what a good source would be for his black long sleeve top and pants? I've been looking at black cotton fisherman pants.

its so hard to see any detail in it... I dont think there is a point where you really do... It could be a martial arts gi for all I know... I've been taking screen caps and adjusting levels in PS to see if I can pull out any more detail and im getting almost nothing. Anyone have any idea of what his pants/shirt material could be based off of movement?

As you said, it's kind of hard to get a good look at the fabric in those shots. I'm inclined to say get a black martial arts gi as your base. But that's just me. (PS the Scorpion/ Sub-Zero stuff was the highlight of the series for me)

Amazon.com: Karate Pants Black Extra Heavyweight Cotton: Sports & Outdoors

I was thinking something like this for the pants... Do you think they are TOO baggy or just right? I want to find something with a nice weight to it. I know they get sinched off down at his tabi boots/shin gear.

EDIT: What do you guys thnik about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Piranha-Gear-...3VKS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1307729347&sr=8-6

it is made of cotton, it has great reviews and is affordable. I'd only be using it for the pants/top. but everyone says its pretty authentic. It seems like a good affordable route. Most of it is hidden by his yellow tunic/ big arm bracers.

Last edited:
i've been researching trying to find the arms/shin guards he used, i'm sure is part of another samurai armour, but I can't seem to find it. What do you have in mind using?

I planned on making them out of leather. There are a couple good photoss where you can see them in the scene.

Last edited:
Gloves seem like some kind of leather or vinyl, those might be easier to find anywhere. The black undersuit seems like some thick cotton material, similar to what socks are made of, I could be wrong though.

Thanks to your research I just bought the mask from the first post, should get it soon, meanwhile I started working on my own costume , after analyzing the episodes I came up with this rough reference, is not perfect but it gives a general idea how the tabbard would look as is if it was laying on the floor, a lot easier to make from that perspective.

front, back, from top with belt, from top with no belt, expanded.
mtmukn.png

Yes dude!!! Good to see you on here too. That's killer that you found the exact Mempo. I'm so stoked to see what you come up with, I'm sure it will be insane!

Thanks!!! Ive made some updates to that image, i will upload the new image soon, it covers estimate measurements for every section of the costume and minor details, hopefully it encourages more people to try it out.

Ok, I have some images of my build up. Check it out, any advice? not as far as Sakin but i am doing this the most complicated way i could think of. hopefully it yields great success.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back