Harryhausen Cyclops stop-motion puppet replica

Fantamation really this is outstanding. He is perfect.My childhood was all the richer thanks to Rays work and films and seeing this guy just makes you believe in all that magic. You truly are a talented guy. No doubt out of my price range but i'll be pm 'ing you.

AMAZING! Your work is outstanding and I loved your KONG replica also! You should make a whole line! Maybe the YMIR from 20 Million Miles to Earth?

Hey Thanks guys for all the added compliments!!! I've been away for a little while keeping caught up with commission work as well as squeaking in time for my animation project. I wanted to share this pic for fun, I recently had the rare opportunity and privilege to present Guillermo del Toro with his very own Cyclops puppet replica!

I've been itching to do this for awhile, was able to bang out a little test animation with ol' one eye and am now waiting for the compositing to be finished..... for now here are a few behind the scenes pics

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC03867.jpg
    DSC03867.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC03885.jpg
    DSC03885.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 230
May your legacy and body of work continue to inspire countless generations to come.... as it has inspired me and made me who I am today!!![video=vimeo;65680045]https://vimeo.com/65680045[/video]

May your legacy and body of work continue to inspire countless generations to come.... as it has inspired me and made me who I am today!!!https://vimeo.com/65680045

He'd have been very proud and impressed by what you have managed to achieve. He was always very generous with his talents and gracious about all the praise he got from other film makers. Without him I dread to think just how dull my Saturday cinema matinees would have been. As a kid "Valley of Gwangi" ,"One Million Years BC" and the Sinbad series were huge favorites. Its been a sad year for my childhood heros, first Gerry Anderson, now Ray gone. But when people turnout work like this you know that imaginative spirit of them still lives on.

Last edited:
Really REALLY great work Fantamation i truly mean that. CutThumb above said it much better than i could. But in a nutshell yes Ray would have been most proud of what you have done and i think he'd have loved him. You have done Ray and i think us fans very proud. Peace!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back