Harry Potter nearly full size Aragog build log

trymypatience

Hello all.

This year Me and the missus threw a Harry Potter themed Halloween party. As we love to make ridiculous things for these parties, I decided to have a go at building a nearly full size version of Aragog, using whatever materials I could get my hands on. Enjoy part one of the build log.

The Legs:

Attachments

PotionMistress

Sr Member
Merlin's Beard, that is ambitious! It looks marvelous so far. Hope you don't have any 'Ron Weasleys' at the party! :eek:
Can't wait to see how it progresses!

trymypatience

The whole thing is built already! just thought i'd stagger the updates to show the progress better. Here's the work on the body.

Attachments

trymypatience

More on the body.

Attachments

Last edited:

trymypatience

Redesign of legs and fleshing out of body. this included carving with a soldering iron. Always wear a mask.

Attachments

Last edited:

trymypatience

More fleshing out

Attachments

Last edited:

trymypatience

A bit more

Attachments

trymypatience

Here's the rest of the build. Hope it's enjoyed by people on here. If you're after undertaking anything of similar size and shape, don' hesitate to message me for more info on the build. :)

Attachments

russellsch

Sr Member
What an incredible build!!! (y)

I can not help but chuckle at the the thought of someone looking into your yard, & freaking out st the site of a giant spider. :lol:

Brilliant sir!!

PotionMistress

Sr Member
What an amazing piece your Aragog turned out to be! Your party must have been a blast! I really had to chuckle when I saw the photo of the spider stored in the shed....I would DARE any prowler to sneek into that shed in the middle of the night!!:confused:

Well done!