Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/6258c1-1520504619.jpg

does anyone know where i can find photos from the malfoys as seen in the Daily Prophet? :confused
The original prop used these photos:
MXpubJI.pngLsMXuL2.png

You can see it here clearly:
hHY5nk5.jpg

That is a very common misconception about Potter props. Props do not use the same photos as you can see in the film as those particular ones were filmed specifically for the film, while they did not have them filmed during the pre-production, therefore they had to use promo photos, concepts etc. What you call a hero prop - a prop that would be used for close-ups etc. - would normally have greenscreen or bluescreen attached to it, for the possibility of placing moving images there later. So I think the more relevant question would be what was actually used there on non-hero/background versions without VFX appliances. Some examples of props that used greenscreen/bluescreen (therefore hero props) below.
T9pFfnZ.jpgrwmQU2Q.jpgWbVy8kx.jpgXRXQTjY.jpgSJQ85L1.jpgd41392c79cad80158faf0c6deb2007fa.pngMAfAufh.pngtumblr_m85qr69hLd1rtuw6eo1_500.gif

I'd like to point out this particular photo:
E0jF3jX.png

As you can see both the Dumbledore's book and the page below it would be using the exact same footage of Dumbledore ('To be shot Int. Dumbledore's Office 17th March 2010') (and actually the Daily Prophet cover showed in the GIF would be using the same footage as well).

Question. I have been putting together a copy of Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore and I am trying to color the sides of the pages green. I tried using a sharpie but you can see the lines too easily. Then going over it and over it again makes it too dark. Can anyone give me a tip on what they have used to make the coloring of the pages consistent?

Question. I have been putting together a copy of Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore and I am trying to color the sides of the pages green. I tried using a sharpie but you can see the lines too easily. Then going over it and over it again makes it too dark. Can anyone give me a tip on what they have used to make the coloring of the pages consistent?
If you mean the fore-edge painting, it's rather simple to do. You need to clamp the printed text block (basically a book without the cover attached/bound to it) and apply some printing ink using a roller or some other tool.

LorduDesign thank you so much for this :)

Does anyone know how i can scale a picture?
I have a Cover of the Advanced Potion Book and would like to print it out. The dimensions i need are 5.5 in x 8.5 in ( 14 x 21,6 cm) and i don't know how to do this. :S Cause i am all new to this prop stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
@LorduDesign thank you so much for this :)

Does anyone know how i can scale a picture?
I have a Cover of the Advanced Potion Book and would like to print it out. The dimensions i need are 5.5 in x 8.5 in ( 14 x 21,6 cm) and i don't know how to do this. :S Cause i am all new to this prop stuff.
I don’t know much about graphic design, but kinda stumbled onto a way to do image scaling due to a project I’m working on. I would suggest downloading Gimp, a free alternative to Photoshop. Scaling by set measurements is just one ability it has.

Does anyone have a printable and foldable version of the Skiving Snackbox individual boxes that are sold at the wizarding world? The Fainting Fancies, Nosebleed Nougats, Puking Pastilles, and Fever Fudge? I'd be looking for boxes that were taken apart and photocopied in the highest quality possible.

Does anyone have a printable and foldable version of the Skiving Snackbox individual boxes that are sold at the wizarding world? The Fainting Fancies, Nosebleed Nougats, Puking Pastilles, and Fever Fudge? I'd be looking for boxes that were taken apart and photocopied in the highest quality possible.
Boxes are a simple cardboard structure. What you are needing are the labels. Had no idea they were selling those there though.

Boxes are a simple cardboard structure. What you are needing are the labels. Had no idea they were selling those there though.

I could do it with the labels, as you suggested. However, I would prefer to have the full box ready in a connected, cut-and-fold format. Here is an image of the boxes I am looking for, as well as an image of the type of file I am looking for.
sr85akw7g9ytgiaunpqo.jpg
bertie_botts_every_flavour_beans_by_littlefallingstar-d5c886n.jpg

Last edited:

So, the boxes from the park are rather unimpressive, here are some photos of when I saw them in the park 3 years ago. I was disappointed in the quality for the price, so I didn't buy it.

IMG_9567.JPGIMG_9568.JPGIMG_9569.JPG

I have picked up and scanned a number of treat boxes a couple of years ago, which I did share here, I'll see if I can find them, edit: looks like I found them in the RPF archives. Unfortunately, these are all the ones that I have purchased.
Exploding bon Bons.jpgView attachment Exploding Bon Bons.pdfPeppermint Toads.jpgView attachment Peppermint Toads.pdfFizzing Whizzbees.jpgView attachment Fizzing Whizzbees.pdfGlacial Snow Flakes.jpgView attachment Glacial Snow Flakes.pdfFudge Flies.jpgView attachment Fudge Flies Box.pdf

I agree, I don't love their Skiving Snackbox. However, I do think the individual packages of the treats are a fun design.
View attachment 816149

Edit, I found this in my files:
pukingpastilles-print.jpgfaintingfancies-print.jpg

Exploding bon Bons.jpg

Peppermint Toads.jpg

Fizzing Whizzbees.jpg

Glacial Snow Flakes.jpg

Fudge Flies.jpg

faintingfancies-print.jpg

pukingpastilles-print.jpg

Last edited:
I have picked up and scanned a number of treat boxes a couple of years ago, which I did share here, I'll see if I can find them, edit: looks like I found them in the RPF archives. Unfortunately, these are all the ones that I have purchased.
View attachment 816154View attachment 816155View attachment 816156View attachment 816157View attachment 816158View attachment 816159View attachment 816160View attachment 816161View attachment 816162View attachment 816163

Edit, I found this in my files:
View attachment 816175View attachment 816174

Thanks Monkey540. I had found those scans already, it seems like the Fever Fudge and Nosebleed Nougat are a less sought-after commodity. Even in my google searches for all these items, the PP and FF were purchased and photographed more often. I'll just have to hold out hope that someone has them.

If it is like the other books, some new and recycled. It annoys me they do that, and I still keep buying the books. The best choice, is to look at the book in person, and decide if it is worth buying.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back