Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Thanks ecl :) First I want to thank you for your Beedle the Bard. It is what I used to make my book :) I had to make it a little smaller to fit the book I had on hand but in the frame, you really can't tell that it should be a bit bigger.
I have a love/hate relationship with making boxes. Too much math for my taste LOL. I had made a Goblet of Fire shadowbox frame and I liked it so for some of my other items I decided to group things together to tell a story and make a frame for it. I am a little limited with space in my small house but by putting things on the wall, it doubles my ability to put things out :) My tiny sewing room is due for a complete overhaul and I plan on using the room to display my collection as well as a crafting area so this type of project was really born out of neccessity LOL.
Here is my Goblet of Fire frame:
32584_600.jpg

Wooze, really like the display cases, nicely done (as always). ec is correct, displaying the items for your enjoyment is important. Not much good having them laying around in a pile in a box or cabinet somewhere.

bfd

Thanks to BFD for the Midnight Moon label. I put this together today. Still looking for the gold star thing (last pic). I'm thinking it's some kind of scrapbooking decal star, but can't seem to find anything like it online.

Photo Mar 04, 3 55 09 PM.jpg Photo Mar 04, 3 55 20 PM.jpg MidnightMoonMadness.jpg

ecl,

Great Midnight Moon bag, it looks spot on :) Maybe the star can be cut out of gold scrapbooking paper embossed with an embossing tool and then cut out. I haven't seen anything like it in the scrapbooking departments of Michael's, AC Moore or Joann's. I say this because I have been looking for Harry Potter-ish stickers for my shadowbox frame recently. Maybe on the internet somewhere. Have you looked on Etsy? Sometimes you can find some pretty unique things there.

That's a good suggestion Woozelmom. It should definitely be possible to custom cut out something similar. I've looked around both etsy and even google images, using a combination of the keywords, "gold stars, stickers, embellishment, sunburst" etc., but I couldn't find anything close enough. But I will look again, as there is A LOT of stuff. There were a few that were vaguely similar. It reminds of something you'd see on some Christmas item. I was actually at Michaels today and had the same experience. It's easy enough to find the basic 5 pointed star stickers, but these seem elusive! I'd settle for something similar, but can't find anything similar enough. I'm sure the production must have sourced them for somewhere, kind of the like the star foil used in the chocolate frog boxes.

Hello everyone! I discovered this amazing website yesterday! It is really inspiring to see all the work you've done so far and it makes me wanna try to do the same haha
I actually wanted to make a textbook using the "advanced potion-making" cover. I've been searching the forum for hours in order to find a proper cover of the book. I actually find a really good one (which is this: http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/JealousYclose/Harry Potter/User Submitted/advpotions.jpg) but I noticed that the "canvas" borders are too small to be folded into the inside of the textbook. Does anyone knows if it is possible to find the same cover with a bigger canvas background? or maybe one that only has the design elements in it. Thank you guys!
Also, sorry for my bad English. :)

Last edited:
hello guys. thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread. you are all wonderful :)

here i work on a Lockhart book. when fantastic beasts movie release, his books and other stuff will be so popular again so i get ready for lessons :p this is like a draft bcoz i will print it on a glossy paper in a professional printing house. this one is just on a regular A4 paper. and sorry for pictures again since i take all photos with my old nokia lumia which doesnt have a flash even. so it doesnt show all the details and colours well. i love how ecl takes photos really :) i also share the file too if anyone wants to improve it or take prints. so here it is:

2h543gi.png

2zgypm8.png

9as11w.png

Heyy thank you so much for comments :$

oh i had forgotten the file i add it. it is not a perfect thing. i am not as good as bfd about this yet ;)
Ecl, haha it looks like foil-ed right? thats what i thought when i printed it first but it is not actually foiled. its gold is so shiny it feels like foil. also it is printed on a laser printer. i have an inkjet printer thats why i sent the file to my friend who has laser printer so i didnt have chance to set colour or printing quality to finalize it.just wanted to see how will it turn out. i also nailed covering the book. i didnt have the right glue and all necessary materials. but finally it was pretty good as a draft. i will have it on glossy paper which will show it much more shiny. i guess.

Last edited:
Wow that's interesting! It totally looks like gold foil in the photos. Very convincing :D Thanks for sharing that file. It's a really cool looking book that I haven't seen before this.

Looks fantastic Lynx! :D

Has anyone, maybe with the Gringotts research and stuff, worked out how to properly write out price tags and symbols? I mean, I know the symbols, but put all together? :) For example, the Weasley badges show how to write out sickles and knuts, but anyone know or have any nice ideas on how to incorporate the galleon symbol as well and write out a full price including galleons, sickles and knuts? Or do you just write it all beside each other? :)

Hi everyone,

I happily post some of the badges I have been working on recently. Two badges because some very talented people have already made the third state for this badge (where it says "Potter Stinks"). I've only made the first state and the mid-way state of the twirled version. I'm going to try pinning a magnet to my shirt/jumper and then you could quickly switch the badges so it looks like they are moving like in the film.

I also took my hand to creating the S.P.E.W. badges made by Hermione in GOF. Sadly they are never seen in the movies but the books state that she made about 50 in various colours so I've made 6 different coloured ones and included a black and white version for people to mess about with. :) Enjoy.

BTW...I found that for the badges I made I had to print them from word at around 6.5cm each but you'd have to resize them for your own machine. I've made a few and they turned out really well.

Ali B.

Cedric-Badgeb.pngCedric-Badge2b.png

SPEW-Badges.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back