Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Thanks for the kind comments on the Gringotts poster, now there will be 6 in the series with the vault full poster. And thanks for the Gilderoy image shmarty.

Hope everyone had a good New Year's.

bfd

@bfd, thank you very much for the sign Barney! it looks brilliant as always :)
@shmartybird, as a gilderoy lockhart fan, thank you very much for the picture. i guess this is the picture of magical me cover. lockhart books are awesome.
@bluebird, i only have wizard wear and muggle attire book. i will share the pages you require when i have time

btw happy new year to everyone :) we dont celebrate Christmas in my country but i want to celebrate my friends'. I know i am a little bit late but merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone!!!

ciao a tutti :)
Avrei inventato altre illustrazioni fo Il racconto di Beda il Bardo, ma vorrei sapere se qualcuno se ci sono altre illustrazioni della fiaba che ha fatto MinaLima

Se qualcuno volesse vedere le mie illustrazioni batsa volentieri che chiedermi :)
Grazie ancora a tutti :)

- - - Updated - - -

The tale of Beedle the Bard :)

hello everyone
I invented other illustrations fo The story of Beedle the Bard, but I would like to know if someone if there are other illustrations of the fairy tale of Beedle the Brad that made MinaLima

If anyone would like to see my illustrations batsa willingly ask
Thanks again to all

t

Last year I took multiple photos of that painting and I tried to modify it so I could print it on canvas. This is the file I ended up with.

View attachment 385653

oooooooooooooooohhhhh. I didn't see this here before now!! I have been reproducing this picture with real paint to go beside the fireplace in my Gryffindor room, but none of my references are nearly as clear as this. I can add more detail now - thank you!!!!! Please let me know if you took any other such HQ photos in the common room. I think it must be quite dimly lit on the studio tour compared to some areas(?) because detail pics like this are hard to come by! :)

Looking at mine side by side with that reference, I guess I'm not doing too badly. Some of my placements are a little off because I just free handed it, but in total not bad since I was taking educated guesses at a lot of the smaller detail. It seems I missed a few people and players entirely from my original refs though! I sketched them in rough now, so this is awesome!
image.jpg

Does anyone know about the alchemy symbols and runes that MinaLima used in their pieces? Specifically, I am curious if they had a system for using alchemical symbols for dates on forms like the muggle-born registration commission registration forms or ministry IDs. I have looked all over the internet and searched for everything I can think of to look for. I thought maybe someone here might have gone to a leaky con where they talked about it in a presentation or something. Or maybe someone has seen an article or interview or something. I have done some reading about symbols and I have several charts that show meanings and such, but I am hoping to find out how MinaLima used them since they don't seem to always use the symbols as their traditional meanings. Thanks!

Actually all the paintings are based in the staff and crew of the HP films (and some relatives of them). If you're able to attend the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London you'll see all the paintings with the photos of the crew.

Nice job with the painting grimstitch, should look great beside your fireplace. Interesting about the Hogwarts pictures being portraits of film crew people. What a neat idea.
bluebird: Never seen anything on how or why they used the runes the way they did but from what I have seen, the rune usage just seems random. I'm sure they used a font and just banged away on the keys until they filled the space or form they were working on. Not gospel, just my opinion.

bfd

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluebird: I don't know about some of the symbols but the dates on Ministry IDs and stuff are astrological symbols. If you go on a star signs website and type in the date you want as a birthdate you will be given the "sun in Pisces" and "moon in Leo" etc for it (and there are plenty of free sites for this, don't sign-up or pay for it if you don't want to). The symbols used can be found as fonts on dafont or on Wikipedia as plain images.

shmartybird: LOVE the Lockart Pic. How did you find that? It's cool finds like that which make me want to come back. I've been too busy lately but you've reminded me how fun some of this stuff is. :) Thank you for the great pic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back