Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Thanks, Barneyfd!

My intent was that it should be a paperback book. I managed to buy a copy of the book I based its size on, stripped its cover and glued it on in its place.

I don't have any pictures of it (I gave it away before I had the chance to take any), but it worked wonderfully.

I used the international trade paperback of the first Eragon book. The copy I used was one printed in Britain. I'll see if I can find the exact size, though.

Kylelgr x

Last edited:
I thought you guys would like to see this. these are photos of the harry Potter shop at Warner Bros. Movie World, a theme park in Queensland, Australia. The store has been there since 2001, when the first movie came out! They don't have a harry potter ride though.

I took these photos when I was there a few weeks ago. the store sells the usual Harry Potter merchandise, including Noble Collection items, Page to Screen and Film Wizardry books, Soft toys, toy wands, T-shirts, and so on.
I bought a Hermione plush doll:)

Edit: somehow I only got one good picture of the inside, but those Quidditch pennants are pretty cool!

Thought I'd try my hand at the front and back covers of Dark Arts Defence for Beginners.

There have been a few versions of this book posted but they were not prop accurate due to lack of reference material.

I'm not going to say I redid the graphics from scratch but I did clean up the front cover image considerably, made a back cover image and added new accurate text and fonts.

The cover looks to be a glue-on, wrap around with what looks like binding tape over the spine so i created the covers with enough overlap to wrap over a cover stock. If you just want to glue them onto a cover without a wrap around then just trim to suit.

Don't know the exact size of the book but the cover images are proportionally correct so they can be sized to any donor book you find.

I don't have a donor book in my inventory to show the final product but hopefully a trip to the dollar store will turn one up and I can complete the project...:)

DarkArtsDefenceforBeginnersbfd.jpg

bfd

bfd, wow that looks excellent! Great work. This is the first time I've seen accurate text on the reverse side. Well done.

Barney, that looks amazing! You're really talented and generous! :)

It's been a couple of months since I last posted. I was away for more than a month and was really busy before and after that trip. I'm really glad to see the thread has continued to be quite busy (maybe not that much in the last few days) and that a lot of people have shared a lot of paper props.
I was a bit unfortunate on the last month of the year 2012... My computer broke down and I lost a lot of things. I had a couple of HP-related projects going on and I really don't feel like starting them again. I was creating a font for a couple of Daily Prophets I was making from scratch. The thing is it was taking me far too much time and some of those props have already been done by now.
Hopefully I'll be able to contribute with something one of this days...
Cheerful greetings to all,
Hagrid

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WHO REQUESTED FOR SCANS BY ME.

I received my package late due to problem's with shipping but it's a long story and there's no point in going into that, however that was why your scans were taking so long. But, for some reason my printer/scanner is now not functioning as it just keeps scanning blank images and wil no longer print out the colour red and I will have to go get it checked to see if it can be repaired. If not I will need to replace it which could take some time due to lack of funds. I'm terribly sorry and I will do my best to get your scans as quick as I can but I'm lately being pressed for time due to some very important exams approaching swiftly. I'm so sorry, I wish I could magically fix it but I can't. Again, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there is any decent size scan/picture w.o. watermark of the special flaps of the marauder's map containing not only the hall of hexes but also the ROR as shown here: h.EMIRU: The Marauders map ? Interesting to note is that the HOH page is shown having only 4 window arcs, instead of the 5 window arc version with a hugh NESW Rose that has been uploaded here already.

I was wondering if there is any decent size scan/picture w.o. watermark of the special flaps of the marauder's map containing not only the hall of hexes but also the ROR as shown here: h.EMIRU: The Marauders map ? Interesting to note is that the HOH page is shown having only 4 window arcs, instead of the 5 window arc version with a hugh NESW Rose that has been uploaded here already.

i have some pics from the uk tour of the map but not sure whether its what you are looking for

Neil Pob Brett (pobbrett) - Minus.com

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back