Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

As long as it is your work e.g you didn't just scan the one you bought from Tymex, you are ok to upload it. All original work is welcome, regardless whether someone else made it already and regardless whether someone is selling a version.

i agreed by that :)...:)

As long as it is your work e.g you didn't just scan the one you bought from Tymex, you are ok to upload it. All original work is welcome, regardless whether someone else made it already and regardless whether someone is selling a version.

Not necessarily a scan...
If you're using a picture or whatever of someone else's work... (which I'm not saying you did Elliot) to make your own, it is not a nice thing.

I mean, as long as you're not using another member's work as a reference in whatever possible way to make you own...
that is, if you found enough references of the actual prop, to make your replica, then it is fine.

Thanks Thumhead for clearing this up for me also to Jhadha. Thanks also to Monster, I appreciate what you have to say as unfortunately this has been a problem before. I post below my Hogwarts Hymn and the ref images I worked from, all of which are props from the movie, apart from the last one which was posted recently here (http://www.therpf.com/f64/harry-potter-free-paper-props-all-movies-108986/index258.html#post2257316) and in an older HP thread but no-one claimed ownership so I cannot say exactly where it is from.

7221656440_c685c7a1d6.jpg 7221656576_cef89776a3.jpg 7221656990_c836d5e39c.jpg

This shows my work as an upper layer to recreate the font.

7221657150_3fa8e7004b.jpg

Click this image for a larger image

11895693_Hogwartshymnhires.jpg

Elliot, this is FREAKING AWESOME Thank you so much for posting this, you'll never know how grateful I am, again THANK YOU !!!!!!

@Elliot: well done indeed!! Very faithful to the original.

Here's my 2 cents on the whole prop replication thing. It's pretty simple, if you make a replica from scratch using the original as a template or guide (in whatever form), it is your creation and you may do with it as you will (copyright laws, etc. notwithstanding).

Thanks for the share.

bfd

Yeah I agree with woozelmom, maybe someone could make a tutorial on foiling, I for one would love to learn how to do it!!!

@ ElliotStone... what program did you use to trace the original picture????

here's my new update for the back of the DP "Dumbledore Daft or Dangerous"
there's any one here have a good referece for the crossword puzzel,..:)
i will post this until i finish,..

dp__albus_dumbledore_daft_or_dangerous_back_page_by_jhadha-d50f0da.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the positive feedback about the Hogwarts Hymn, I'm very happy to contribute to such a wonderful thread, especially with so many fantastic replicas posted throughout.

@ Woozelmom I'll keep you posted on my trails with foiling

@lilpatty I used the paintbrush tool in Gimp

My next project is 'The Healer's Help Mate' I've got the front cover done but if anyone has any images from the spine or back please do let me know

Last edited:
aw,..its remove already but thanks anyway,.. @Monster_05 i know you make it perfectly, for respect i will not make it thank you,.

Last edited:
jhadha said:
yes, i make it for my collection of Quibbler Pages,.. :)
seriously i'm super jealous that you make it perfectly so i try my best to have one,
aw,..its remove already but thanks anyway,.. @Monster_05 i know you make it perfectly, for respect i will not make it thank you,.

I don't know how to feel about this kind of jealousy
it's not the case that I can or want to stop you to recreate whatever you want
but if you really want to make one, you find the necessary references from the actual prop to recreate it

i'm afraid you are not welcome to use my replica as a reference for yours
not trying to be the bad guy here,
but any person here that has ever tryed searching for references on this particular prop,
must have a pretty good idea of how much time I spent searching
to actaully find something useful

also, considering recent subjects on this thread...
you didn't even bother to ask...

thanks for respecting it.

ok sorry for that,..for the respect others,..i will not posting anything here,..
for posting my pm to you i feel shame...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back