Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Barneyrfd, Great job. How did you end up doing the stamp over the finger prints and the photo? How did you come up with the birthday? and the date of issue?

@Norbert: I ended up creating both stamps from scratch. It was virtually impossible to separate the stamps from the rest of the ID. Actually, everything is from scratch including the other stamps, the text and the fingerprints.

The info on the birthday line is the astrological chart info for Harry's birthday on July 31, 1980. On that day the sun was in Scorpio and the moon was in Leo. The date of issue is similar astrological chart info for September 1, 1998. I chose September 1 because that was the date Harry would have started his 7th and final year at Hogwarts if he would have gone back. But he didn't and I assumed he started working as an Auror for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement instead.

bfd

Last edited:
Well I decided to have a crack at doing a paper prop for you all.. It's not from the movies, but from the books.. It's Albus Dumbledore's letter to Gellert Grindelwald, which is mentioned in the Deathly Hallows, in The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore book.. I know it's nothing special or amazing like the work in the topic, and hadn't seen it listed, so thought I'd do something up..

Well I decided to have a crack at doing a paper prop for you all.. It's not from the movies, but from the books.. It's Albus Dumbledore's letter to Gellert Grindelwald, which is mentioned in the Deathly Hallows, in The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore book.. I know it's nothing special or amazing like the work in the topic, and hadn't seen it listed, so thought I'd do something up..

I think i have seen your version around before though. Looks good.

bfd

Last edited:
Wow! Barneyrfd, the ID is incredible. Looks fantastic!
You said that was hard to find a decent picture of an older Harry. Well, here I am to try to help!
There you have, 3 pictures in HD from the epiloge part of DHp2.
I hope they are helpfull.
epilogo1hd.jpg
epilogo3hd.jpg
epilogo4hd.jpg

Thank you!! :)

Last edited:
@Barneyrfd: thanks. I'm trying to read this Astrology chart and am having problems with it, I don't get what it is saying. Lets say for example: December 7 1985 is the date of birthday from Forest lake, MN with the time of birth unknown

From what I understand Tropical Zodiac - Placidus Houses? but I don't know if this is right?

Could you help me on this. And how you go about reading this the right way. Thanks

Thanks so much for the kind words and interest in the Minisitry ID.

Wooze and Bear really appreciate the "veterans" interest and thanks.

I just want to say after rereading my original post with the ID I feel a little childish. I was feeling that some of the smaller props that just got thumbnailed to a post were getting buried under dozens of new posts with full size pictures before anyone had a chance to see them. But that is probably just me being a little paranoid (or maybe not...I have not had a post of mine generate such interest in a long time ;)).

I appreciate the pictures picosbeak123 and will try using one them for the ID.

I will do an ID for both Ron and Hermione and my final contribution will be to provide a blank ID for people to fill out for themselves.

Norbert i'll look at your astrology request. I'm certainly no expert but I'll so the same thing with it as I did with Harry's. If there astrology experts out there who have taken a class or two from Professor Trelawney feel free to chime in.

EDIT: I created a better photo of Harry for the ID from the 1st image posted by picosbeak. Sorry anneleen. I preferred the top photo because Harry does not seem to smile too much at that point in his life. looks a little grainy here but looks good on the ID.

bfd

Last edited:
@Barneyrfd: thanks. I'm trying to read this Astrology chart and am having problems with it, I don't get what it is saying. Lets say for example: December 7 1985 is the date of birthday from Forest lake, MN with the time of birth unknown

From what I understand Tropical Zodiac - Placidus Houses? but I don't know if this is right?

Could you help me on this. And how you go about reading this the right way. Thanks

All I did is take where the sun and moon is on this date. Don't know if this is the correct astrology way to do it or not, it is just the interpretation I made off the ID card. Similarly, using an Astrochart of the date you provided I get the Sun is in Sagittarius and the Moon is in Libra.

And Norbert, I'll be posting a complete package with blank ID, stamps, etc. for to create your own ID

bfd

Last edited:
MINISTRY OF MAGIC IDENTITY CARD - HARRY POTTER

Its not a book cover sorry, but some of you might find it of use.

Made it from scratch based on the Mafalda Hopkirk card in the Film Wizardry book. Used some of the same info as on the Warrant to Apprehend. Assumed Harry would obtain the crad when he joined the Ministry's Auror Branch of DMLE. Hard to find a decent picture of an older Harry.

Other parts of the ID card to come shortly if there is enough interest.

Usually I post a thumbnail since that is the best way to attach stuff without bombing the page with giant images (especially when several people respond with the same giant images included) but this time I'm posting it full size for full impact to get it noticed. ;)

MinistryIDBase-InsidePagesHPIDbfd.jpg

bfd

Hi bfd! Awesome job, idk why they out someone else's in film wizardry, Harry, hermione, or Ron's would've been much cooler.... But problem solved! :D I would've said something earlier but I had work yesterday and didn't get home till 1 am, so I've been playing catch up this morning. I agree that the third picture from the epilogue scene would work very well.

@everyone, just to let you know, I am making progress on the Proclamations, I will be sharing versions fitted to print on 8.5" x 11" paper here, and will be offering high quality prints on the junkyard, both at 8.5" x 11" and at full poster size. I would normally just offer the full size ones for free but fonts are costing me a bit too much money and I need a way to recoup at least some of my investment! I don't have that kind of money to just throw around.

great ID Barney! I can assure you I saw every thing you posted and read every post from the beginning but since I started posting only recently it would be awkward to quote and praise work posted long ago. I'm pretty sure we all appreciate your work immensly. I understand your slight paranoia though, you can't tell what others think while for us it's taken for granted that you know. Why are we not telepaths!

MINISTRY OF MAGIC IDENTITY CARD - RON WEASLEY

here's Ron's and Hermione's IDs. Not crazy about Ron's photo. But Ron is a bit of a cheery guy so a little smile is okay i guess. I assumed he "joined up" at the same time as his buddy Harry did.

Hermione joined Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures after her 7th year at Hogwarts. Different type of Identity No. because she was not an Auror.

Thanks mewmar. Not really looking for people to ooohhh and aaaww about stuff (although its nice) just want to make sure stuff does not get "lost in the machine" is all.

Blank ID "kit" coming soon.

bfd

Last edited:
MINISTRY OF MAGIC IDENTITY CARD - RON WEASLEY

here's Ron's and Hermione's IDs. Not crazy about Ron's photo. But Ron is a bit of a cheery guy so a little smile is okay i guess. I assumed he "joined up" at the same time as his buddy Harry did.

Hermione joined Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures after her 7th year at Hogwarts. Different type of Identity No. because she was not an Auror.

Thanks mewmar. Not really looking for people to ooohhh and aaaww about stuff (although its nice) just want to make sure stuff does not get "lost in the machine" is all.

Blank ID "kit" coming soon.

bfd

these are great.. cant wait to get more ink to print all of these out..

@ Barney, just saw the ID's and they look amazing, such a great deal of detail and attention has been put in and it really shows, fantastic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back