Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hi All,
My next post is up and this one shows my Marauder's Map (well sort of LOL)
woozelmom

wooze your creations are utterly fantastic. They just get better and better.

The time, patience and dedication required to do what you did on the Marauders Map for example is amazing!! Its something most of us just will never take on.

It's one thing to create a replica prop on paper but it is a whole new game to take that paper and make it come to life as you have done with your collections.

Well and truly done. :thumbsup

One big fan, bfd

charms O.W.L has been pieced together:thumbsup

davyHP, how are you going to administer these tests? Will you be providing the images for download and printing or is it just something to look at on screen and provide the answers in text format?

Sorry for the double post but...does it make any difference or does anyone really care???

bfd

Hi bfd and Tomas,
I am glad that you like my map but I can't really take all the credit as I "borrowed" the idea and look of it from 2 very creative ladies on Craftster. I am just very detailed sometimes so I added more to them. I am going to be putting the footprints on the map too. I had just overlooked it cause I was in a rush to get things put together.

SECOND YEAR ACCEPTANCE LETTER AND MATERIALS LIST

I put together these letters based on the first year letters and the text/description in the Chamber of Secrets book. I made them A5 paper size to fit into the envelope template. (I also happen to think this is pretty close to the actual prop size.) They should scale up to 8.5 x 11 okay if that is the way you want to go.

You can see in the CoS movie the letters to the Weasley's and Harry are all delivered in one envelope to The Burrow so that is the way I'm going to go.

I could not get a good enough screen grab of the envelope that Errol brings so if anyone can get me a hi-res screen grab from the Blu-ray of the movie I will gladly use it to create the envelope.

If not, I'll wing it (no pun intended...well maybe a small one):)

Anyway, the hires images of the letters are posted on the first page of this thread under Barney's Stuff - Chamber of Secrets.

Here's a half-size lo-res image sample.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NickiLenart View Post
...I never imagined that the end will be so difficult, it's like I've lost my best friends, like I had to leave place I love, things I love, and fer sure our lifes will change now, I know we can read books and other works, watch films, play games and everything, but that's not it. There won't be midnight parties anymore, we won't live for another book, film, game anymore, waiting for trailers, pictures, our lifes will change and eventually fandom will die as every fandom does...

Yep! Welcome to me and 1983, exiting Return of the Jedi. That's life, and in 20 years, some young man will make the same post about a different film series, and you will read it and smile a little, like I did reading your post.

I'm patting you on the head in a non-patronizing way - it'll be okay, as long as you keep that childhood feeling alive inside of you as you progress through your life. That's what I do, and it is very reassuring to know I can always feel young at heart when I think of Star Wars.

It gets better... as I'm also a Star Wars fan I can say that it doesnt have to end unless you let it. You can always reread the books, create the parties with your friends, hold viewings, join a costuming group that wears the costumes for charity and to bring smiles to children just for the heck of it. You can keep it alive for yourself. Star Wars fans have that with the 501st and Rebel Legion groups (as well as other smaller groups like fan force) No reason why something as epic and well written as Harry Potter can't have similar.

Though lets hope JK doesnt pull a George Lucas and ever go back and try to make any horrid prequels and any "Special Edition" versions of the movies in 15 years lol

davyHP, how are you going to administer these tests? Will you be providing the images for download and printing or is it just something to look at on screen and provide the answers in text format?

Sorry for the double post but...does it make any difference or does anyone really care???

bfd

Same here...a little confused :p

hey HinkyPunk?Can i ask u a favor? could u please post the envelope for rons howler? like the red envelope and the sticker thingy on the envelope hope u can get it ur awesome!

Can i ask u a favor? could u please post the envelope for rons howler? like the red envelope and the sticker thingy on the envelope hope u can get it ur awesome HinkyPunk!

Can i ask u a favor? could u please post the envelope for rons howler? like the red envelope and the sticker thingy on the envelope hope u can get it ur awesome HInkyPunk :D

:confused Well I was going to scan in the images of the questions which can be viewed, and if you want saved, and then they would write the answers in lets say a word document. Send it into my email address, which I will put up on the day I put up the questions.
(and take down when it is over. )
Anybody still confused? If you are still confused please say so, cause I don't want it getting to the day and everybody saying :confused :confused :confused 'what the hell is goin on here'.
Also say if you got any suggestions to make it better
I was gonna tell you all of this on the thursday, but it's probably best to clear things up early:)

:confused Well I was going to scan in the images of the questions which can be viewed, and if you want saved, and then they would write the answers in lets say a word document. Send it into my email address, which I will put up on the day I put up the questions.
(and take down when it is over. )
Anybody still confused? If you are still confused please say so, cause I don't want it getting to the day and everybody saying :confused :confused :confused 'what the hell is goin on here'.
Also say if you got any suggestions to make it better
I was gonna tell you all of this on the thursday, but it's probably best to clear things up early:)

Great! No longer confused! xD

how can i print a magazine size quibbler or large poster from Daily Prophets. Should there be a specific printer for printing posters? sorry for my bad english. sorry random question

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back