Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hi bfd,
Just wanted to let you know, I just printed out your Champion Entry. I was in a hurry and just printed out a 5" I don't know how large it needs to be I just wanted to try a fold. It is very easy. I looked at the image of the real prop that you posted and it is just alternating mountain and valley folds placed between each letter. I just picked a letter to start with and looked at the actual prop to see which fold was placed there. When I folded my start I made sure that the opposite fold was the same. Then it was just a matter of alternating folds going around the circle. Where there was no letter opposite a letter on the other side, I just guessed at the placement.
I think, when I go to make the real one, I will fool around with measurements and see if I can't get the distances between folds more accurate than just eyeing it as I did with this one.
I also think that I will look at different scrapbooking paper for a light weight blue paper. This way it will be blue on both sides. I will post a pic when I do one but it might be a while as I am doing some very uninteresting but necessary real life stuff at the moment :0(

Thanks wooze, you are the origami queen. I tried folding it like an umbrella or accordion but that did not work.

5" sounds about right.

There are 20 segments so 360/20 = 18 degrees per segment if that helps.

bfd

I've got this. But recently he's not wearing any.
f5d9ts.jpg

@Ghostsoldier omg, hahahah xDDDDDD

ugh.. what on earth do i search under when trying to find something like this? moccasin?!

Okay, couple things...

Not that I want to be unkind as thomas said, but I don't understand why william hopped on this thread to tell us things he'll never show us. It just seemed a little odd to me.

Second, fluer's note is easy to fold. If anyone knows anything about origiami, you just make 10 valley folds first (do plus sign, then diagonal), then you make mountain folds in between the valleys. really really easy.

Third, luke, you are truly the best. I've been looking for something like that for weeks now

Okay, couple things...

Not that I want to be unkind as thomas said, but I don't understand why william hopped on this thread to tell us things he'll never show us. It just seemed a little odd to me.

Second, fluer's note is easy to fold. If anyone knows anything about origiami, you just make 10 valley folds first (do plus sign, then diagonal), then you make mountain folds in between the valleys. really really easy.

Third, luke, you are truly the best. I've been looking for something like that for weeks now

Was not trying to be unkind, just having a littl' bit o' fun is all as I too thought William's post a little odd.

I don't know anything about origami but 2 plus sign folds, then 2 diagonal folds x 2 only equals 16 segments...doesn't it?? Am I being obtuse about this?

Luke, how the heck did you know those were jazz shoes?? I've been on earth for awhile longer than you and I have never even heard of such a thing...got to get out from under my rock more I guess.:lol

Oh ya, and why would the baddest cat in the wizarding world be wearing jazz shoes???

bfd

Hi everyone!
I've been abscent for a while! Love all the new posts!!!!

I had my M&G with Evanna Lynch (Luna) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius)
IT WAS AMAZING!! BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!

I know you of all the people in the world will understand how I feel :)

I promised you the pictures, so here they are: Facebook

(If you can't see them, just add me as a friend on Facebook!) :D

They are wonderful, talented, and so so so friendly!

Jason has got the best sence of humour EVER and Evanna is SO lovely!
I got hugs from each of them! :D :D :D

*Luke-great call with Voldy's shoes :)

*Anneleen- so happy that you had such a nice time. I have heard that both actors are very nice people, it so nice to find out that it is true :)

*Thumbhead- thanks so much for the high res pics. I don't know how you managed to get them but they are great. You don't happen to have the Quick Quotes Quill do you. I made one but could never find a clear photo of the turned part of the quill. I would love to try to match the paint job on it.

@thumbhead - awesome pics! If you the back of any of these or other books it would be nice to see them! Thanks for sharing this excellent reference!

@hinky, your welcome! More than happy to help, but be warned, the sizes are somewhat different than street shoes. If I were you I would go to a dance supply store to get fitted, however they usually mark up the prices a LOT so just get your size for Bloch shoes and then go order them much cheaper.
@bfd, I only knew of them because I take dance :p the rock your under isnt THAT big! :lol

What is the size difference Luke? they arent for me, they are for the guy playin voldemort, and he sees anything where money isnt being placed in his hand as a waste of time, so convincing him to go anywhere is pointless

@wooze: followed your instructions for folding the champions note and it worked out perfect. You end up with something shaped like your standard cartoon cheese wedge. When you unfold it, it looks like a parasol which I suppose is appropriate for Beauxbatons Academy.

And you don't need any stinking math to figure it out, just keep folding between the letters and voila, it all works out.

My problem was I was trying to figure out how to fold it looking at it as a square not a circle. And I wanted to generate a little interest in the project. ;)

bfd

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back