Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

I was really like help on these bottle tables as well

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1710603547712.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710603547712.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1710603541723.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710603541723.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1710561773933.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710561773933.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 9
I think it'll depend on the how big you're planning on printing them. The digital smoothing filters are noticeable so I feel it may look a bit off printed as a large scale poster (like at the Globes Mundi shop). If we're really going for it, we'll need to at least identify the fonts so we can replace those with vectored text.

For now, instead of a scan, could you try taking a close-up shot with a nice smart phone camera? (just do Scandinavia as a test) I just want to see if the result gives something better to work with than a scan.

Thanks

scandinavia.png

I think it'll depend on the how big you're planning on printing them. The digital smoothing filters are noticeable so I feel it may look a bit off printed as a large scale poster (like at the Globes Mundi shop). If we're really going for it, we'll need to at least identify the fonts so we can replace those with vectored text.

For now, instead of a scan, could you try taking a close-up shot with a nice smart phone camera? (just do Scandinavia as a test) I just want to see if the result gives something better to work with than a scan.

Thanks

View attachment 1800741

Attachments

• IMG_20240320_103528496_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240320_103528496_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240320_103616644.jpg
    IMG_20240320_103616644.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
My current project is the "Educational Decrees". I noticed that there is no complete collection of these decrees with a consistent design and quality. Therefore, I decided to create my own.

The task turned out to be more difficult than I initially thought. First, I had to collect all the reference images from different sources. It turned out that there are many different versions and variations of the decrees. I even found decrees with the same number but different texts. Additionally, there are differences between the versions shown by MinaLima, the versions used in the film, and the versions displayed at the Studio Tour. Not to mention the challenge of finding the correct fonts!

So far, I have managed to create 25 decrees. I have another 19 on my list. For each decree, I try to stay as close to the original reference as possible. At the end, I will decide whether to keep them as they are or to give them a more uniform design.

What do you think?

Attachments

• preview.png
    preview.png
    3 MB · Views: 47
Here is my replica version of the book cover "The Flap Of The Cape". I hope you like it and it finds use. As always, it is intended for private, non-commercial use only! I would also be very happy to receive feedback.

Attachments

• The-Flap-Of-The-Cape.jpg
    The-Flap-Of-The-Cape.jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 19
My current project is the "Educational Decrees". I noticed that there is no complete collection of these decrees with a consistent design and quality. Therefore, I decided to create my own.

The task turned out to be more difficult than I initially thought. First, I had to collect all the reference images from different sources. It turned out that there are many different versions and variations of the decrees. I even found decrees with the same number but different texts. Additionally, there are differences between the versions shown by MinaLima, the versions used in the film, and the versions displayed at the Studio Tour. Not to mention the challenge of finding the correct fonts!

So far, I have managed to create 25 decrees. I have another 19 on my list. For each decree, I try to stay as close to the original reference as possible. At the end, I will decide whether to keep them as they are or to give them a more uniform design.

What do you think?
I like it very much. Very well done. Which resources did you used?

I like it very much. Very well done. Which resources did you used?

I am very happy that you like my work. Regarding your question, I mainly used photos of the Studio Tour, prints created by MinaLima, and photos of various prop collections and auctions as references. As already mentioned, this results in some different details. The original movie props seem to have an additional line in the lower text, which also seems to vary. Since it doesn't make any real sense, it seems to have been omitted from the MinaLima prints. I will first try to create as many variants as possible and will most likely decide on a uniform design later. I hope this helps. If there are any ambiguities, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks for answering. In the book: The Magic of Minalima are some prints for reference. But I guess you already knew that :)

Thanks for answering. In the book: The Magic of Minalima are some prints for reference. But I guess you already knew that :)
Good point, as far as I know MinaLima created 10 different decrees for printing (posters, postcards, etc.) (98, 85, 82, 68, 49, 47, 35, 31, 23 and 12). I have already worked through all of them. But thanks for the hint. This topic offers a lot of potential for research. However, I don't know if it is possible to study it in detail without going crazy and not getting a good result in the end. I will see where the journey takes me.

well in the formentioned book it's a double spread page, but as I can tell there are no new information you didn't already have. It shows the decrees: 35, 47, 31, 23, 12, 49, 38, 68, 82, 98, 85, 45

I'm still working on the decrees. It turns out to be a really extensive project. It involves a lot of research. So far I have created 41 decrees (including variants). As already mentioned, there are differences between the decrees from the MinaLima print products, those shown on the studio tour and those actually used in the film. A major difference is the text at the bottom. Mostly a 5-liner at MinaLima. The decrees of the studio tour have 6 lines. Now I have also discovered one with 7 lines. Through my research I have a rough idea what the 6th line could be. But so far I haven't been able to find an official source that confirms it. Now I'm probably on the right track. If anyone owns "The Magic of Mina Lima" and would like to help me out, I would need a better resolution of the yellow marked texts. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• reference-magic-of-mina-lima.png
    reference-magic-of-mina-lima.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
I'm still working on the decrees. It turns out to be a really extensive project. It involves a lot of research. So far I have created 41 decrees (including variants). As already mentioned, there are differences between the decrees from the MinaLima print products, those shown on the studio tour and those actually used in the film. A major difference is the text at the bottom. Mostly a 5-liner at MinaLima. The decrees of the studio tour have 6 lines. Now I have also discovered one with 7 lines. Through my research I have a rough idea what the 6th line could be. But so far I haven't been able to find an official source that confirms it. Now I'm probably on the right track. If anyone owns "The Magic of Mina Lima" and would like to help me out, I would need a better resolution of the yellow marked texts. Many thanks in advance.
I asked the same question elsewhere and it has already been answered, and my guess has been confirmed to some extent, and the lower lines show a text with more or less little meaning.
As an addition: 5-line and 6-line versions can also be seen in the film. Whether this was done for close-ups or has another reason is not yet clear to me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back