Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hi guys :) It's been a couple of months since I last visited! Some amazing work has been happening - totally in love with the Lockhart books!

I thought It was probably about time I share some photos my boyfriend and I took at the Studio Tour when we visited for the first time back in December - so so SO amazing. We spent about 8-9 hours there trying to photograph and video everything but I think that would be impossible :p So here at this link you'll find 44 photos of the Studio :) I tried to pick out the more obscure props we don't really see photos of or the ever-asked for books and stuff. Including, but not limited to:
randommann - Lupin's Chocolate Bar with the Dark Arts stuff
Christmas Bon-Bons/Crackers and Christmas Cards (which I found simply fascinating, because I'm not sure I've ever really spotted them in the movies :D)
Educational Decrees
Harry's Letter to Sirius about scar hurting
Food Trolley (what's the packaging to the left of Lick O Rish Spiders?)
Ministry envelope addressed to Arthur Weasley
Magical Menagerie Signs

There's a tonne more where this came from (including portraits and paper models) so if you're after something specific I can take a closer look through my collection and see if I have anything that might be of use for you. Don't have great photos of the Weasley Products/Books/Prophets that haven't been seen here already I don't think. Even if I don't have a photo though, it's possible it's been caught on video. :) Here's the link, enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fdge9d8k5sul7zg/AAB6bPWHSPq2C1naEvnJd1o2a?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
The wax seals, to me, is a dead giveaway that it is not from the movie. All wax seals seen in the movies are more elaborate.

This prop museum is very legitimate, they pride themselves on having NO REPLICAS. So it makes me think that maybe it was more of a prototype made during production but never actually SEEN on screen.

Definitely looks more like a replica to me as the overall design and quality is not very reminiscent of the items from the production, even for a supposed prototype piece. May be possible it's a very very rough mock-up? But some history or background regarding the prop would shed more light on it! Even reputable prop auctioneers have mistakenly sold replicas.

Last edited:
It's definitely not an original piece. As someone who researched this prop I can assure you that prototype looked entirely different. It was supposed to be handwritten at the beginning. Later they changed it to Italic Hand font from CrazyDiamond fonts. And after couple more versions it evolved into prop it is today.

But yes, it is great looking piece anyway.

kyliesmiley16 Thank you so much for sharing!

Even though you say you don`t have better images form the books/prophets.

I would love to see the images you have from those props, specially the prophets.

Considering the display case have changed since anyone from the board visited and shared.
I`m positive there are some new details to be enjoyed.

Thanks again for the references!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there are a few of these photos on here already, but this is one I took of the will from the HP Studio Tour. As you can see it looks completely different. As ecl said, some history or background regarding the prop would be interesting!

Last Will.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 126
kyliesmiley16, thanks for the picture. I'm jealous that you and other can see the props in person, seeing the pictures really are awesome.

I agree with the others comments, some background info would be interesting. It could be an early design, if so, it is rare indeed.

I absolutely agree that it looks very different to what we've seen at other exhibits, which makes me wonder. I'll have to get in touch with the curator.

I agree with the others comments, some background info would be interesting. It could be an early design, if so, it is rare indeed.
It's not an early design. I saw all the prototypes. They looked A LOT different. Also these flaps/folds were added in the last final version.

@nurmengard - Hehe I should've just uploaded them the first time because I was sure someone would ask anyway :p
@AZSneed - I do hope you get to see it one day! I come from Australia so it was quite the journey to visit, but it was like a dream come true :) I was also disappointed that I didn't spend as much as I could have in the gift shop, because they were sold out of a number of items I was looking for :( (But I'm going to move to Sweden so the journey will be shorter! xD)

Have uploaded the rest of the photos of the prophets/books as requested :) Unfortunately most of the Prophets are cut off, sorry! Also added the Portraits photos to their own folder... I remember there was someone here with an interest in them?? Here's the link again:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fdge9d8k5sul7zg/AAB6bPWHSPq2C1naEvnJd1o2a?dl=0

I shall take a look at my videos in the coming days and see if there's anything else we've managed to capture :)

Update: Looking through the video now and there's definitely some nice close ups of certain things here so bear with me! I think the easiest way is going to be to screenshot my videos and upload the screen grabs. Latest fascination is a Gringotts cheque from Vault 666 - someone had fun! xD OMG! And gold valued as "precious" and "semi-precious" xD

Last edited:
Here's something I'm working on; the Shock-o-cho box! Still have a few modifications that I need to make, but this is the first one put together to see how things fit. The lid needs to be modified to look more accurate, and the 170ge text should be white for this red version!

sl6a4Va.jpg

fhK4yUk.jpg

V1XVQT7.jpg

PAjzKcO.jpg

Last edited:
You say it needs work, but it still looks awesome to me, and the frog, too.

Thanks! It's very close, just a few small tweaks to make. I'll be making the yellow version next with the girl graphic. I'm obsessed with Honeydukes products haha! This has been on my to-do list for a long time. I used the wizarding world product graphics as a base and made a bunch of adjustments to get it to look closer to the original prop. I'm hoping to make about 6 of these.....just because they look good in a stack.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back