Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Again really nice stuff being posted. Thanks to everyone sharing! I think the quality of this thread is getting better every time.

Azkaban number board for Lucius Malfoy.

AzkabanNumberBoard-LuciousMalfoybfd.jpg

bfd

This is a really long shot, but I like drawing floor plans and I'm sketching one out of Spinner's End (from both the books and the films). I've always been fascinated by it, and I'm having a dickens of a time finding out where they filmed it. I know the inside was built sets, of course, but I'm speaking more of this shot: Spinner's End

I know a good lot of those houses have been added/repeated digitally, but I was wondering if anyone has had better luck finding the filming location than I, or knows of a spot that would match.

I'm not sure why I like floor plans and researching old houses this much, but...everyone has a quirk.

Just finished my Nose Biting Teacups box and Glacial Snowflakes. I completed the teacup box with help from the Half Blood Prince DVD and the Glacial Snowflake cover I got from the late great and very talented Kevin Bulmer.

Just finished my Nose Biting Teacups box and Glacial Snowflakes. I completed the teacup box with help from the Half Blood Prince DVD and the Glacial Snowflake cover I got from the late great and very talented Kevin Bulmer.

congrats for that (y)thumbsup:thumbsup its looks great i like the Snowflakes box :D

This is a really long shot, but I like drawing floor plans and I'm sketching one out of Spinner's End (from both the books and the films). I've always been fascinated by it, and I'm having a dickens of a time finding out where they filmed it. I know the inside was built sets, of course, but I'm speaking more of this shot: Spinner's End

I know a good lot of those houses have been added/repeated digitally, but I was wondering if anyone has had better luck finding the filming location than I, or knows of a spot that would match.

I'm not sure why I like floor plans and researching old houses this much, but...everyone has a quirk.

I'm pretty sure its just a digital composite, alot of the old industrial cities in the UK look like that, the area I live in was built for shipbuilders for the Titanic and the streets look almost exactly like that, in fact we have an old 'dirty' stream near us and a few old abandoned chimney stacks too, very common style of terrace housing. Also there is this video: Harry potter half blood prince behind the magic - YouTube from 26.06 - 26.12 .
A UK show that's actually really good, not sure if it was ever shown outside the UK.

@ Barney - Great work on the latest Azkaban plaque, looks awesome

@ SchuboProductions - Your Nose Biting Teacup box looks wonderful, also Kevins work is awesome and he is still very much missed I'm certain. Still nice to see his work though.

@ Dower - Wonderful photo's , like Jhadha said, its nice to see your worked printed out and put to use, glad you like it. I really adore the work your doing with the Mandrake, I hope you keep us posted on its progress.

nice work :)
I got this book from oxfam a while ago and thought that it was like a muggle version of tales of beedle the bard. It's the Canterbury tales and was published for children during the second world war.

ps thanks again elliot

that's really cool, do you knoew that "The Tale of the Three Brothers" was inspired by Geoffrey Chaucer's "The Pardoner's Tale" from The Canterbury Tales? J.K. Rowling stated this in an interview once! maybe minalima looked at the canterbury tales book for inspiration when made the prop...

@decat,.thanks decat for the rune, ecl would love that i think :D,i have no font for the re number's
i will going to use the URWClarendonTExtWid font,..its similal to that number's
and use some splat brush to make like vintage erase.

The film wizardry book has four proclamations, and the pubication info page looks like a proclamation also, I scanned these and got numbers 1,2,3,6,8,9,0 from there, plus I'm using them as a base for my proclamations. I'mm been trying to create the other numbers, and have a decent looking 5 so far, plus a BLURRY 4 and 7 from photos of the proclamations.

my sources for proclamation pictures:
Film Wizardry book
google
flickr
Harry potter wiki
photos of studio tour, exhibitions, and WB studios tour in America

here are my numbers so far. I've finshed proclamation No 1 and 9 so far, and will post when i've made more.

edit: just relized that the '1' is probably an 'I'- was looking through fonts and none a '1' like that, but then I saw a very similar 'I'!

Last edited:
nice OWL's Gideon.
I know this isn't harry potter but your'e the type of people to share it with. It's a collection of inked watercolours (and non inked) that I thought you might like. And a picture of my box of tricks and use to make them. Inks and dip pens etc Hope you like them.
ps I also put up a painting I did for my final assessment. It one of a triptych and is of the glenshane pass in northern ireland
p.p.s I did not know that decat. I read that story in the book and I thought that it looked familiar

Last edited:
I printed and gold foiled this cover today. I got the graphic file a while ago from a friend so I won't post it or share it, but wanted to show some photos of the completed prop because it's a paper prop. It's a direct scan of a screen used Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart. Decent scan, but it still wasn't crystal clear. Also, Lockhart covers tend to be difficult to reproduce right from scratch so I'm pretty happy with it.

The gold was very hard to register correctly, and if you look at some of the originals, you can see that many of them are off as well. Just so many lines!!

Still in the process of lightly aging the cover but it's coming along. I'm using acrylics on this one again to add a little bit of depth to the surface.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back