The Marauders Map from Harry Potter

That Movie Guy

I'm wanting to make my own version of the The Marauders Map from Harry Potter. Any suggestions on where I can find information about the dimensions of the original prop map and good quality pictures of the original prop or good existing printable files.

I'm wanting to make my own version of the The Marauders Map from Harry Potter. Any suggestions on where I can find information about the dimensions of the original prop map and good quality pictures of the original prop or good existing printable files.
did you manage to build it? I am not sure about giving it a try, it may get on my nerves.. hahaha so many parts..

I did look at Wizardry Workshop and it looks like what he has is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately he used a paper size bigger than what I can use on my printer. I can only print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper and when I printed the first page, it all fit on the page and I know it shouldn't. So I'm trying to mess around with the settings to see if I can break the images over separate pages to get the correct size. If you try please let me know, or if anyone knows what I can do to adjust the image or printer settings please let me know.

I did look at Wizardry Workshop and it looks like what he has is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately he used a paper size bigger than what I can use on my printer. I can only print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper and when I printed the first page, it all fit on the page and I know it shouldn't. So I'm trying to mess around with the settings to see if I can break the images over separate pages to get the correct size. If you try please let me know, or if anyone knows what I can do to adjust the image or printer settings please let me know.

Try this link and there should be an 8.5x11 version: Marauder’s Map 3D Stairs Add On

As someone who's printed and assembled the map, if there's any way you can print the 11x17 version, it'll cut the amount of gluing and cutting by a huge amount. Even if you have to go to Staples or somewhere to do it!

did you manage to build it? I am not sure about giving it a try, it may get on my nerves.. hahaha so many parts..

In terms of assembling, it's actually not that bad! You're basically gluing the paper parts together to form really long sheets and then folding those sheets accordion-style to make the map. Just follow his tutorials and you should be ok!

Check this!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back