Harry Potter Collection Photos

ecl

Sr Member
I decided to snap a few pictures of my Potter collection so far. It's a mixture of stuff I've made and replicas purchased from members here and elsewhere.

Wanting to make and build a collection of Harry Potter props was the main reason I registered here, and it's been amazing seeing so many things being created and people sharing too.

I'll add more photos as it grows! But this is probably pretty much it for now...

22327230.jpg

95431841.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Potter Collection Photos

Gawd, I want an "advanced Potion making" book. Hell, I'd love some of those prop-books. Are there actually thinks written in it, or are they empty?

@Beechy :lol It's pretty cool that a few clones of these books are across the world in your collection.

@kialna, The books are generally either filled with blank pages or preexisting books not related to potter. I actually did design about 144 mock pages for the potion book that emulate the original prop, but never got around to printing them. But I did do a front page for it as seen in this pic.

82560511.jpg

Very nice! I'm thinking of making my own by buying dummies and just make some non-existent magic books. Oh well. I still love them. The photography makes it better too ;)

Printed a few more odds and ends from the paper props thread, and put them into some of the textbooks.

Chocolate frog box by Monster_05

Last edited:
Made a few more pumpkin bottles; For these I used a label someone posted in the Harry Potter free paper props thread, unfortunately I can't remember who posted it. They're really well done.

38610226.jpg

They look great mate.. Having the cork on them adds to it.. *Places order for 6 tops*

Still need to get some glue and do my 6 bottles..

Yea the cork helps the tops to attach pretty well and tight, and look nice too. I ended up sculpting so many because I wasn't happy with them. Finally ended up with one that I felt worked best (far right one lol) But they do look very much the same. I'm planning on giving a couple of these as gifts, but am thinking about maybe casting the tops. But the casting supplies cost quite a bit, and I have no experience doing that, but it would be an interesting experience.

How's your Potter collection coming along?

Great stuff!! I really want that Potions book for my shelf, but I have no idea really how to get started on it.. Did you foil the lettering or leave it as white? It's really tough living in a town where if you don't want to buy a chainsaw or shotgun your basically out of luck... :lol

Great stuff!! I really want that Potions book for my shelf, but I have no idea really how to get started on it.. Did you foil the lettering or leave it as white? It's really tough living in a town where if you don't want to buy a chainsaw or shotgun your basically out of luck... :lol

Thanks! The lettering and grid like design on the cover of the Potion book is all silver foil done with heat transfer foil. It's hard to photograph it right to get it to show though as it's quite reflective. That was really the hardest part of the process, as the foil can be picky when it comes to which papers it likes to work with.

It's getting there.. Need to take pics of new gear.. Waiting for my National Treasure Pipe which should be here tomorrow.. Then I'll takes pics of the latest stuff.. Still need to glue the labels to the bottles.. Your pics are up on display.. Also need to take pics of the Bezoars Box and the Pewter Goblet of Fire.. Oh and the Skele - Gro Bottle.. Will take pics tomorrow and add them up..

@Beechy McFly; cool, looking forward to seeing the pictures. Where did you get your Bezoars box? I really like that Skele-gro bottle too, unfortunately didn't get in on that run.

@VortexRunner; That flask does look really cool! I like the way it opens at the top.

Putting together some kind of display for the honeydukes stuff....I'm still looking for some handles to assemble onto the sides. Maybe something rustic etc. The idea is to make it some sort of Honeydukes "gift box"

*edit: added the handles

Also, Exploding Bon Bons package was made by Luke moonwalker

29216310.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back