Harry Potter Book insides

Hi everyone!

TheDoctorWhoGee indicated me this thread after noticing my interest in making my own version of Hogwarts, A History. As he said, it is in fact a book many people seem to be interested in making.

I read how you guys are planning on split the work. I think it is a good method.
However, I won't join you guys for now and I'll keep doing my own version as a personal project just for the simple fact that unlike TheDoctorWhoGee, who I believe is working on a replica of the actual book, my idea is to do a new version of it, something like Hogwarts, A History - Delux Edition. I'll keep checking this thread and I'll try to share as much information as I can.

Good luck everyone ;)

Have you seen the HP wiki page on the book, cos that says some of which spells are where.. Maybe Charms, Transfiiguration, General, etc?

ya! I've read them but it's still very hard to classify... :wacko The students need 7 years to figure out most of them and I am gonna to use few days to do so!! :lol

@ingrid, yeah it is hard sometimes, but I'm putting anything that dosen't fit in a catogry in charms, 'cause they're so varied anyway. I'm working it right now, I am up to 'I' right now.

Anyone know how to share it when I'm done? It will sill need deisign and graphics to be done, other people seem to better than those.

Perphaps we should wait for Pottermore access before we finalize the books- there will be more info then. I'm signed up, so hopefully will have access before october!

I am currently classifying the spells and about to be crazy!!!!!!!!!
I finally understand why they have to study 7 years in Hogwarts..
Of course they have to!!!
Hope you are well @decat hahhaahahahaha
the final product will be extremely large I think.......
It's crazy... are you doing A-Z index or type by type index?
Because I discovered that if I want to look up some spells,
I have to know the spell when I look up to the A-Z index...
it's kind of weird because I don't know much spells don't you think so?
but nevermind, it should be the best way to show all spells... I believe.. haha
some of them are hard to put in one group..
there are many of them can be both groups!!
you're right put them all into "charms" is good

In the main text the spells are grouped by type. the index will be alphabetical. I've akll the spells and everything in order, I just need to find more info to beef it up.

Nice idea, it would be awesome to finally have those books. However I think you need to think things a bit more when creating those insides if the goal is to create "marvelous replicas worthy of being mistaken for the real thing".

I think you need to keep in mind the whole background of the book, its history. The Tales of Beddle the Bard, for example, is a VERY OLD book, those colored digitally made illustrations won't work I think, not even the ones from the movie because those are obviously very "digital" and modern. I think illustrations should be like the one in the cover of the book, you can see it looks like an old kind of illustration.

Okay last post before VanillaEssence was in August. so were are we on any of this. i have seen many ppl have started to do books on there own accord. Is the idea of collective text making still up and running??

Is it okay for me to post? I was unsure on this forum's rules on necroing. I basically said I was very interested in collaborating with some people in creating 'the Standard Book of Spells'. I outlined some thoughts but I wont share them here again, but if some people are interested I think we should create a separate thread for the 'Standard Book of Spells'. Please leave your thoughts so I can see if enough people are willing to commit to this project.

Ya Do it Might as well start a thread for the Standard Book of Spells, the idea will it be share/free or use the book printing company other are useing etc.

I think it would be best to use a publishing company so people can have the complete feel of the book, but share the earlier works so people are updated at all times how the project is progressing.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back