Han Solo Mini Bust Conversion

Now he has arms and a blaster and painted jacket. Getting towards the business end, his face.

Pleased with how the shading came out, lots of washes and even a little bit of makeup applied to the skin areas, fixed with matt varnish. Speaking of matt, I'm going to have to punch up the metallics on his droid caller. The matt sealer I use really kills the highlights on metal surfaces.

Here he is, finished. Pretty pleased with his face and hair. I included the shot with the coke can to indicate scale.

Last edited:
Thanks. Since I posted these shots (which all look at bit out of focus for some reason, as if I was trying to hide a bad paint job) I've refined his left eyeball and will probably punch up the shading on his left cheek so don't be surprised if I swap the photos over.

Here's some finaled shots, hopefully with better focus. I've darkened his trousers a but more, added a silver button to one of his ammo cartridge holders, and added in some light grey "cloth" tabs to the top of his boots on the inside leg.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back