Cool project-- 'in-betweens' like this can be rewarding; you decide the commitment:stress ratio and you nearly always get a cool surprise or two with the satisfaction of another project brought to completion (as opposed to the alternative, the long-termers that languish)
Thanks and you're right. There is an ulterior motive though, and that's to see if I can nail Harrison Ford's features in preparation for a possible build of a Deckard figure ala Blade Runner.
These are some helpful reference shots of a mould of Ford's face taken from a Japanese site I found. I'll need to account for the years between the two films though. His features looked a little leaner in 77'
Thanks. Quick question. Are his pants blue or black? I've seen a commercially produced kit with blue trousers and red piping, but then other reference photos indicate black pants. I'd find out for myself but I haven't brought the bluray versions of the saga yet and my VHS copies won't fit in my bluray player
Thanks Ozzy. Will post some shots tomorrow of the Corellian piping on his trousers. Simple stuff to do, as it turned out. Printed the piping out on paper using a laser printer. Cut to shape, then softened the paper with white glue so it would follow the line of his legs and applied it. Final touch was pressing firmly in between the piping with a heavy blade, hard enough to make an impression while the paper was still wet but not hard enough to cut the paper.
Here's the piping. As for Blade Runner, would be interested in seeing shots of your build. I'm miles away from starting anything of significance again, given I've just come off a 2 year nine month build of the Chevy Nova from the film Deathproof.
Looking good! Figured I'd chime in as I'm also working on a mini Ford, Blade Runner bust right now. I've got a thread going about it on the prop board, here's the link in case anything I did is useful to either of you: http://www.therpf.com/f9/blade-runner-deckard-mini-bust-wip-update-10-21-11-a-112421/
It's still a WIP but I feel the face and head are getting there. I've done more work since the last pic but have yet to take any new photos.
Kiwimike, I also wanted to thank you for those reference pics of the face cast you posted, they actually helped me quite a bit! I think the fact that it's a monochrome plaster cast made it easier to compare it to my own clay sculpt. Also, the side and 3/4 angle really helped me see some areas I needed to work on.