Han Solo Holster - Screen Accurate Pattern

All my blaster replicas are either mgc or real Mauser and they all fit my todds holster perfectly. Aside from the greedo killer, as the wing nut of the flash hider is too wide and the length is much more than the rest.

My mgc ESB Luke is gone from me now but it fit perfectly. My live fire ESB is not done yet but I can get pics of the heroes and rotj now.

All my blaster replicas are either mgc or real Mauser and they all fit my todds holster perfectly. Aside from the greedo killer, as the wing nut of the flash hider is too wide and the length is much more than the rest.

My mgc ESB Luke is gone from me now but it fit perfectly. My live fire ESB is not done yet but I can get pics of the heroes and rotj now.

Photos as a reference would be greatly appreciated. I have been tweaking my holster pattern (ANH and ESB are slightly different) and I think I have them both very close to worked out, but since Todd's is very close it would be a great way to see how the different blasters sit in the holster.

Also, if you have a few moments, if you could measure the length and the circumference of the wing nut/flash hider, I can see if I can add in an alternative option for that blaster.

Thanks for the reply. :D

hsb.jpghsb3.jpghsb2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

These are some buckles/belt i've been working on..probly not screen accurate but maybe inspirational?

Last edited:
Looking good, ion.

What did you make your buckles/hooks out of?

I like your dye job. You got a nice reddish brown that I think looks quite nice.

Small update.

I just wanted to let you all know that due to my mum having a bad cancer scare, I haven't had the chance or the focus to work much on this.

She got the all clear this week, so after taking her out for a fun weekend, I will be back working on this next week.

Sorry.

Glad to hear that about your mom. Looking forward to future updates when you get back into the swing of things. :)

ESB Holster
v 1.0

Update!

Yes...yes it has been a while.

I wanted to do a quick update to let everyone know where things are at.

Current Status of Project

I realize a lot of you are probably hoping to start your holsters soon so you can be ready for The Force Awakens. I am no different. I also realize that if that is going to happen, you're going to need to have this pattern in your hands to give you enough time to figure everything out.

Trust me, I'm thinking of you! :D

Where things are at are that the only thing left to do is the "Y" connector shape. Everything else has been painstakingly finalized and ready to be put into a final document. The "Y" connector however is giving me some trouble. The reason is that while I have figured out the basic shape, it is really hard to bend into a pattern without actually building one. I have tried creating paper versions but it always ends up wrong.

The next step is to buy a pair of tights and have my girlfriend draw the pattern on me while I wear them. Then, cut them out and go off those measurements. If I don't do something like this, I'm afraid that the measurements will be off, and you guys will waste a huge chunk of leather. I also don't want to waste leather cutting out test patterns for this huge piece, so I need to approach it from a different perspective.

Once that is done, then I just have to finish the document and post it for you guys.

May as well go for a soda

One other issue.

Remember how like 6 months ago I ordered two cases of soda canisters for the ANH version? I still haven't received them.

The problem is that they need to be sent empty, so the person that is trying to send them had to order an actual syphon to release the gas. The first one never showed up. The second just showed up yesterday and she emailed me to let me know they're now all empty and ready to ship.

Once they get here I will double check the pattern for that pouch to be sure.

Master Blaster

I have also ordered all the parts for my ESB Bespin blaster from Boba Dept. That project is taking a bit longer than I had hoped, but once those parts arrive I will be able to accurately confirm that my holster is correct. I suspect it is, but I wanted to be sure. I will adjust if need be, but I wouldn't be too worried.

TFA

So, since everything is almost ready to send we need to turn our attention to The Force Awakens. Ideally we will get a photo or two of Han before the film so I can create an accurate 1.0 version (until blu-ray). There are very limited photos, but from the information I do have I think the holster will be very similar to ESP/RotJ.

In the photo below which I took on Friday, it shows that most of the belt is the same as ESB/RotJ, with two exceptions.

1. There is no button pouch
2. The buckle seems to have multiple shapes

SoloLego.jpg

I realize Lego aren't the most accurate, but it does give us a hint that things will be slightly different.

So, that brings you up to speed.

I expect that unless I find something major that needs to be changed, the pattern will be ready for release by the end of September, or early October. This should give you plenty of time to get things built for December.

See you soon! :D

Smugglers Holster
v 1.0

Sod
elicious!

I had a special surprise show up at my front door today. :)

Smugglers-Holster-Sparklets.jpg

Two boxes of vintage Sparklets soda canisters.

Now I can finally create a test pouch out of leather and make sure it is 100% accurate.

Things are coming together nicely, I'm excited.

Last edited:
Smugglers Holster
v 1.0

We're Home!

Just a quick note.

This popped up on the internet today. Many of you have already seen it, but as my focus is on the holster, lets see what we can gather.

1446654278807915919.jpg

Right off the bat we can see a few obvious things.

- There is no snap pouch
- There are no rivets on the buckle (ANH style)
- The buckle shape is very ANH (slightly different)
- There is a potentially new Greeblie

As this is an illustration (which look to be taken from ComicCon) it must be taken with a grain of salt, but I have added this to the pattern as a solid base for the new design.

Hopefully we see something new before too long.

Smugglers Holster
v 1.0

Back in Black

I saw a link for this on another thread. There are a few more images, but I think this one gives the best idea of what we're going to see.

NYCC-2015-The-Force-Awakens-6-Inch-Black-Series-Hasbro-002.jpg

The differences between this photo and the painting above is:

- There is no snap pouch, however there does seem to be a side pouch that is further back.
- There are rivets on the buckle
- The buckle shape is more ESP/RotJ
- There is a potentially new Greebie, but no pouch Greeblies.
- The leg strap has an adjustment ring instead of just buttons

Again, this is a toy and so must be taken with a grain of salt, but it does look like only minor changes to the holster.

Just read through this whole thread and you've put a lot of great work into this! It sounds like you were pretty much done with at least the original trilogy stuff as of a few months ago. Have you made any progress toward releasing these patterns? I don't at all mean to put any pressure on you, but I also didn't want you to feel like nobody cares just because we're not posting.

I have the book. It does have a few good pictures of Solo's outfit. However, the entire book contains only 10 pictures of Solo's outfit and the ROTJ section has no pictures of his holster rig. This thread is a great resource for the holster rig! Crazylegsmurphy your eye for details is amazing.

Also is it just me or did TFA rig not have a droid caller or clip?

Last edited:
Smugglers Holster

v 1.0

Hey Everyone. I just wanted to make a quick update since I've been getting a few PM's and such.

Without going into too much detail, I have had a bit of a family crisis...well two actually. While things aren't resolved, it is definitely getting better.

I figured I would post this so you could see that things are close...so close.
Smile.gif

SmugglersHolster-Teaser.png

I am going to start focusing on this again in the next few days. So stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
So greatly looking forward to more updates on this. You've already helped gather a plethora of information and patterns to help many of us get started.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back