Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is not a c96

It's been mentioned before that he probably has several guns and probably tinkers with them. He's constantly messing the the Falcon in the movies. Maybe he had his old gun hidden on the Falcon and got it back when he got the Falcon back.

This is exactly what I was thinking!

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC m712 airsoft pistol

Here's the one they have on display at Launch Bay in Disneyland.

image.jpeg

One thing I noticed about the gun when I was at disneyland yesterday was that its basically an ANH DL-44 apart from the color and that the mystery disc has been replaced with a kind of knob that protrudes outward, clearly visible in the pic posted above.

Notice the one on display doesnt have the hammer pin removed like we've seen in previous posters.

looks like the scope dial and details are one piece? Im starting to believe it is a stunt pistol.

I still think the Disneyland Launch Bay blaster is a stunt.

I also think that stunt is the only blaster with a knob instead of a disc.

December 17th can't come soon enough! (for those of us attending 7pm shows on the 17th ;) )

Hey folks. Thanks for this thread. As a newbie to the hobby but original SW fan, it has been extremely helpful. I'm going to pull the trigger and purchase an HFC M712 now while I can. Don't need to to function as I don't play air soft (though my son does). Any ideas (or threads) as to what else I should start looking for to fully realize an Ep7 DL-44 (scope, greebles, etc?). Thanks much!

For true authenticity, get an MR DL44, gut it, and slap it onto your gun.;)

Last edited:

From someone who spent as much time as I did chasing down and making my best attempt at the original ANH Dl-44, frankly, this new version looks like poo to me. The Scope, Scope Mount, Grill, and Flash hider all torn from the MR LE and slapped onto an HFC Mauser is kinda hard to look at, and I would know.

A few years back, I heavily modified a HFC Mauser to make a working ANH DL-44 Airsoft gun, just because I wanted a DL-44 that could actually shoot and to play around with. SO many of the dimensions are off from the C96 version that it isn't even funny - the magwell is wider and thicker, the barrel is thinner, the angles are similar, though different in almost every aspect, and the backend of the lower frame is lower than the front end, meaning a thicker washer had to be used for the ear mount.

I still have my old HFC Airsoft too, as well as a short magazine - however, the place that i got it from at the time is now sold out, so i can't help with there. HOWEVEr, the longer magazine CAN be shortened into the short Magazine, though it isn't easy.

basically you remove the lower Magazine plate by punching out two pins that hold it in place, carefully measure and cut the new length off (use power tools), drill new holes for the holding rods to fit into, place the bottom back on, and BOOM! You've got yourself a shorter magazine.

Hope this helps!

not sure if these images help much but I found these in the new TV spot that aired today.
Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 9.55.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-18 at 9.55.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-18 at 9.56.23 PM.png

So, are we still bickering about the rusty looking thing from the Disney display or are we actually trying to dissect the screen-used prop? 'Cause seeing Han Solo wielding that blaster looks pretty sweet to me.

You mean like your avatar? BAM!

I kid I kid. Look at mine, lol.

Seriously though, I think it looks great and could care less how it compares to the ones in the OT. Cool is cool and that blaster oozes cool.

You mean like your avatar? BAM!

I kid I kid. Look at mine, lol.

Seriously though, I think it looks great and could care less how it compares to the ones in the OT. Cool is cool and that blaster oozes cool.

It's miles better than the ROTJ blaster. I personally think there are butthurt folks who spent a wad on original C96s or MGCs that are annoyed that the base gun is relatively easy to get .... For now.

No, i just think it looks crap, a bad job. :lol

Not comparing it to the OT directly, it looks crap by itself. Maybe because it is a bad made copy of the old design. If they can´t make a good copy (for whatever reason), they better have come with a new Mauser based design. They could have used the 712, but a different design.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm confused. What are the differences between a C96 and a 712 they seem to be the same thing? I'm new to the world of blasters/guns (only having resin casts for cosplay) If I wanted to make a nice replica of the new blaster from TFA, it doesn't have to be functional, but a nice metal base would be nice.
Would this be ok?
http://www.airsoftworld.net/hfc-mauser-c96-airsoft-pistol.html

The C96 is a early model, later there was the Bolo named variant (mainly other gripshape). Usually toploaded, with prefeed loading strips.

The 712 is a later model with mag feed (short and long mags). It also has autofire, this caused a different look - mag release button, fire selector on left side, ....

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back