Han in Carbonite . . . meet Alexa

Fuzzual

Sr Member
Hi all! For this year's May the 4th celebration we decided to create a Han in Carbonite Juke box of sorts. I purchased an awesome cast of Han in Carbonite (the face only) from a member here almost 10 years ago. I'm sorry, but I don't remember who it was I bought this from, so if you recognize it please let me know.

I have tried to come up with a fun project to use the face, and obviously for years nothing seemed to work. That was until my wife asked what we could do with our Amazon Alexa Echo Dot. Then it hit me like laser blast from a DL-44 . . . a juke box.

So, here we have the project. I hope you all get a kick out of it. I think it will make a pretty cool addition behind our bar.

33903904948_f2c4f3875c_b.jpg

33903901568_10bd853260_b.jpg

33903900398_bdb2cabee4_b.jpg

33903901178_8ef3875715_b.jpg

33903903408_b5fdf4452b_b.jpg

33903899668_301cc7328b_b.jpg

33903900038_5f5790dc2d_b.jpg

40814623903_cc9afee49d_b.jpg

46864611405_1b66fbcd02_b.jpg

33903897968_54a74b09fd_b.jpg

33903897998_44b679eba4_b.jpg

32837464057_06677b27a3_b.jpg

32837464217_dd40893fba_b.jpg

46864611695_c8292f9817_b.jpg

40814621033_f1bdb57ff5_b.jpg

40814747043_4dd875e0cb_b.jpg

And as we often do, we uploaded a build video of the project if you would like to check it out. Thank you as always for having a look. Hope it made your May the 4th weekend a bit more enjoyable!!

Hey Fuzzual ! It's too bad that you can't change the wake command to "HAN SOLO!"

Then you could say, "Drop some beats faster than droppin' Greedo!" ... and it'd bust out "YOU GOTTA FIGHT! FOR YOUR RIGHT, TO PAR-TAY!"

Your Solo-box reminds me of something from Dr. Who. Creepy, but COOL!

Ya know, it would have been even creepier if you'd put his hands palm-side up on top of the deck.

Next step... spinning turntable for the head! You could put a Boba Fett Helmet in carbonite on the back side! HA~!

Awesome. Really enjoy this and all of your other builds as well.

Hey, thank you very much for saying so, we appreciate it!

Hey Fuzzual ! It's too bad that you can't change the wake command to "HAN SOLO!"

Then you could say, "Drop some beats faster than droppin' Greedo!" ... and it'd bust out "YOU GOTTA FIGHT! FOR YOUR RIGHT, TO PAR-TAY!"

Your Solo-box reminds me of something from Dr. Who. Creepy, but COOL!

Ya know, it would have been even creepier if you'd put his hands palm-side up on top of the deck.

Next step... spinning turntable for the head! You could put a Boba Fett Helmet in carbonite on the back side! HA~!

Thanks for checking out the build. You are 100% correct about the Alexa voice, it would have been great. PatchBOTS on youtube, and I think he is also a member here, did an amazing L3 build using the Amazon Voice Services, and I really wanted to do that for this, but I just didn't have the time.

I love your "hands" idea, that would have been hilarious!!!

PatchBOTS link to L3-37 Amazon Voice Service Video - totally worth a look!

PatchBOTS on youtube, and I think he is also a member here, did an amazing L3 build using the Amazon Voice Services, and I really wanted to do that for this, but I just didn't have the time.

DUDE! THAT'S CRAZY! You guys should totally hang out! Y'all'd come up with some B.S.C. ideas together!!!

If you ever get the time... revisit this project with that AVS idea in mind, that'd be AMAZING!

It'd be fun if they would change up the wake response every once in a while too. "If you don't quit bothering me, I'm gonna call a bounty hunter on you!" That'd be such a riot.

You could have yours say, "Huh, what? Sorry buddy must have nodded off there for a bit. Have you seen my legs?"

AND TOTALLY HAVE THE HEAD SPIN AROUND! ;)

DUDE! THAT'S CRAZY! You guys should totally hang out! Y'all'd come up with some B.S.C. ideas together!!!

If you ever get the time... revisit this project with that AVS idea in mind, that'd be AMAZING!

It'd be fun if they would change up the wake response every once in a while too. "If you don't quit bothering me, I'm gonna call a bounty hunter on you!" That'd be such a riot.

You could have yours say, "Huh, what? Sorry buddy must have nodded off there for a bit. Have you seen my legs?"

AND TOTALLY HAVE THE HEAD SPIN AROUND! ;)

Love it!

this is hilarious. Do you remember those dancing flowers that reacted to sound? you need to gut one of those and add it to the Han head on a swivel so it bops along to the music.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back