Unlimited Run Han In Carbonite (HIC) Volvo panel set

First half of the mold is done! Should be all done tomorrow night if everything goes as planned!

Keep em coming guys! I'll take people in order of post when I begin casting! So if you're in, might as well post as soon as possible!

Yeah, me too .. waiting for the silicone to cure .. will keep you guys updated soon enough!

I'm wondering if ONYX slow is slow enough for this application! I will see that too later ;)

Small update people,
First mold is now done!!!

I'll begin casting in the next days and see how it goes from there. If everything's fine, I`ll probably do a second mold to be able to get you your panels in the shortest delays possible. As soon as I have 8 panels, I'll contact the first on the list and change this thread to an UNLIMITED sales thread...

Thanks for following!

Demolded my first cast this morning guys! I'm super happy with the result!

You can remove the flashing with your nails! A few small air bubbles on the top lips that will go against the HIC box .. so no worries there .. it's the price to pay for the 2 parts mold! :) I'll still be really picky of what I send to you guys so no worries there.

I still need to cast a complete set to evaluate final cost!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408119386.201971.jpg

Last edited:
Basically ...

A 2 parts mould will create a cast piece which has details on the inside and the outside, it's an exact repro. But I need a longer curing time resin, which is more in terms of hours.

No more slush cast. Heavier to ship, more resin and longer to cast!

Anyway .. I need another mold to be more efficient! :)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Well crap it's the outside i'll be looking at and if that's the case where the exterior is intact i'd be fine with a set of those. Sign me up for a slush cast! Would be interested to know the cost difference.

Our community went from a HIC-panel starvation diet...
to a 'we want both a 2-part casting AND a lower cost slush casting'
-nice! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd likely be up for a set of 7 to finish out my set. My hero panel is a 2-part mold, but is the slush cast easy enough cut the windows out of to put the aluminum behind?

Thanks!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back