Halo Reach MA37 Assault Rifle Repilca Build

ChrisThePropGuy

Hey Guys,
I'm building a halo reach assault rifle at the moment and thought I should share the work I have done with you guys.
I've had this project going for a while now but decided to get right back into it and actually finish something for once.
MA37.jpg
I've used mostly MDF and have regretted that decision since I started to see the nice sharp edges start to resemble fabric. Next gun build I might use plywood instead?
I have been using L05T V1K1N6 's post as inspiration for mine,hopefully I can make mine look somewhat like his. if you haven't already seen his build you should definitely check it out here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=188281. Ill post some more pics later on today as I will be working on the barrel and LED wiring.
Until next time, May all your build be good ones.

-Chris

IMG_2945[1].JPG

MA37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
Just finished working on an LED circuit and have also done the lining on the grip, Painstakingly inscribing them with a dremel 1 by 1 because I had no magic putty to use to mold it.
Ill post pictures later on today. In the mean time Im Going to go work on the barrel.
Thanks for looking guys.

-Chris

Hey guys,
Sorry I didnt end up posting the picture last night, But as promised here they are.
IMG_2954[1].JPG
Had to leave it in the vice overnight because I glued the front barrel cover on, But you can see the barrel and flashlight fit in well.
IMG_2955[1].JPG
Here is the barrel. I would have like to shape it out of wood to get all the nice little details and recesses but I dont have a lathe (yet), so I resorted to the next best thing PVC electrical conduit. As far as detail goes, I didnt spend too much time on the details and only just cut the one ring underneath the flash suppressor and the 6 slots on the supressor. But I will add more detail at the bottom where the barrel connects to the body soon. As for connecting the pipe, the suppressor had just a bigger inside diameter than the barrels outer diameter. To make sure there was a snug fit I taped the barrel with electrical tape a few times and that was enough to hold the flash suppressor in with friction. After that I super glued it in place.
IMG_2956[1].JPG
Here is where the ammo counter is going to go. the hole I drilled goes right through to the bottom grip in the gun which houses the battery (which Ill get to soon).
IMG_2957[1].JPG
This is where the batteries and switch are held. Its a pretty seamless design because the actual grip clips on to the PVC and creates a cover.
IMG_2958[1].JPG
IMG_2959[1].JPG
I Use 4 AA batteries to light up the ammo counter LED but Im adding another green On indicator just on the side of the ammo counter, so not to sure if Im going to have enough power to light them both. I also wanted to put in a super bright in the flash light but it doesnt look like thats going to happen unless I get a new power source.

So thats all for today, might hop back in the shed later and work on it a bit more.
Let me know what you guys think, Id love to hear some feedback.
Thanks for looking and I hope you guys like it.
Until next time, may all your builds be good ones.

-Chris

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back