Guyver (eva) W.I.P (first build)

Lusidous

Greeting and Salutations

So this is my very first build ever
I Have -10 skill with a glue gun as far as a build for Costume but I though I give it a shot anyway and hear what the verdict is. So i jumped in feet first (no really)

Using JFcustom Guyver Foam at once Pep (http://www.therpf.com/f24/guyver-148353/)
I went out and got 2 eva foam beach mats From Sports Authority
One side of the mat has a very smooth feel while the other has more of a Small rigged side. So used smooth side to put masks on.

Using a glue called Scotch Clear Stick
glue.jpg

Was able to make mask stick to foam for better pattern.... clean up was easy cause glue is like past wipes up with paper towel glue other side and your good to go (if your towel starts sticking to mask your using to much) but masks will not move here a pic of me holding it up to the wall
wall.jpg

So Got my patterns laid out and got to cutting and gluing
here a quick pic of what I was working with
Pattern.jpg

Stuff.jpg

Close ups of my first piece a heel
heel1.jpg

heel2.jpg

heel3.jpg

Now I know this is the foam at once and is made for fast builds but i took my time cause I'm a first timer
but was still able to build left and right foot
I was a little scared cause it seemed rather big and then looking around is see that most wear shoes when they are in armor so I tried a test fit of the left foot
Put on my converse all stars and then for more effect and idea flowing pulled tube sock over shoe
foot3.jpg

foot2.jpg

foot1.jpg

and my day was over
but today is a new day so I should have one if not both lower cafes today
I'll do my best to update as so
also wanted to thank JFcustom for info

Hi Lusidous :)
A bold choice for a first build ! This guyver is a batch of cambered shapes, mischievous volumes, fine cuts and meticulous gluing.
Respect. It a very good start.

Go on, and remember if you had to follow a single advice, it would be something like "DON'T BE RUSHED!" Be patient, take time to adjust every side of your foam parts on a proper angle before sealing them together.

Dude, the foam idea seems to work better for Guyver than fiberglass and hot glue. That's very good to know :cool

It's nice to know what works and what doesn't :lol

im only sounding harsh cause i love the guyver so much. you need to work on your seams. they looks bad and they arent going to look any better after paint.
there is a tape method for gluing on here you should look up

Sorry for not posting more but ran into a sizing issue and had to go back to square one but now I'm back on track and should be give more updates.

Glad to hear all the encouragement from the RPF
on a side note cause of the larger size make
me and some friend who are also looking forward to me building this suite had a chance to "play around" with the ankle piece and with a little cut and paste we reformed the trim on the bottom just as a test to see how it would look wanted to see what you guys think and if it should go into final build
WP_000196-1.jpg

WP_000197-1.jpg

AB.jpg

As you can see we folded up the "flares" (if you will) to make it more curvy (and yes i know this build sucks as far as look)
the glue you see around the edge of the flares is yet another thing we where testing as I wanted to use the method the talented and beautiful error used in her witchblade glove
http://www.therpf.com/f24/witchblade-gauntlet-finished-more-come-d-page-120972/
to get a more "organic" look

im only sounding harsh cause I love the guyver so much. you need to work on your seams. they looks bad and they arent going to look any better after paint.
there is a tape method for gluing on here you should look up

No worries brah I know my glue work can ...well use work and I did check out the tape method as you suggested will give it a try with future builds but must say this build is just so curvy but im sticking with it till it pau

Last edited by a moderator:
way too small. should be at least 50% wider

uh 50% wider?¿?¿

If I continued to keep building at the size your looking at in that pic then the shin piece would be up to the middle of my thigh ....and you think i should go bigger ........

yes its also a foam build with bigger parts. cant remember the guy on 405th. but theres only 3 threads for it up there

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back