Grizzly Elder Bust Sculpt (Finished Pics Page 7)

skunk

I started a new head sculpt a couple of days ago.
This is about 12hrs in....it's at the rough stage at the moment, just trying to get the shape right.
Not too sure where I will go from here, other than it will end up being another custom elder, not sure if I will keep the lower mandibles how they are, just knocked them up quick to see how it will look (angles etc)
Everything is temporary really, the face has got to be ripped off at some point as I havent done any details in the mouth or anywhere really, as I said, I just wanted to get an idea of the shape first.
heres the pics
DSCF1893.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1897.jpg

DSCF1899.jpg

I'm not too sure when I will get my next chance to work on it as I am also working on something else at the mo aswell and I'm desperetely trying t get it finished so I can concentrate on my sculpt but I will update as soon as I can.
Cheers for looking

Lee

Yeah, like this. So many angles you could take this from. Like the idea of the Elder so many different items, ageing and seasoning you can add to them. Looking forward to seeing where you take this....

Great work as always

Wow... that's lookin' fantastic!!

This is probably the coolest stage of a sculpt. You can take it anywhere from this point. I was thinking, if you're hurtin' for ideas, you could do a younger version of the P2 Elder. I've never seen anything like that before. The eye's are kinda weirding me out, too. (y)

cool more sculpting ( Lee celebrates ) I too would like to see a younger elder, if that makes sense lol.

Whats that latex lump in pics 1,2 and 3 ? :p

Cheers folks....@Lee...lol....sorry man...I didn't notice it till after I took the first three lol.

@ Rob I set a pair of glass eyes into my armature so I can see how the eyes will look on the finished pred..
Nice idea about the young p2 elder.....but I like elders....so it would be missing the point lol....maybe an idea for the next one though.
Besides.....I was getting annoyed with my other project so did another couple of hours and did a bit of work to the crown,

DSCF1901.jpg

DSCF1903-1.jpg

DSCF1905-1.jpg

Still alot of shaping to do....and again i'm not sure if this is how the crown is going to stay but i'll give it some time and see how it goes.
Cheers again

Looking good, im not talented enough to make something like that

I understand what your saying, but hey you don't know until you try :)
Some members here never touched clay till they found this place and they are turning out bloody awesome pieces.

I like the crown, very aquatic looking to me, reminds me of the Gill man out of "The Monster Squad" or the old BBC tv series "Stingray".
A young Elder would be an interesting concept :)

Cheers again man........and thanks for the vote of confidence.
@ sonic707.....Tusky's right 110%....have you ever tried?....you may suprise yourself man....I did...as i'm sure many do...you never know unless you try!

so......I couldn't sleep....I ripped off his cheeks ....decided to make it a semi open mouth for a couple of reasons...mainly moulding reasons,
I done some detailing inside the mouth and start messing with his brow and the inner crown a little.....again....anything is subject to change.
Here's progress pics
DSCF1909.jpg

DSCF1911.jpg

DSCF1913.jpg

DSCF1915.jpg

DSCF1917.jpg

Cheers

Great Job!! Looks so frigging cool, and working on it so fast!! I love how you're sculpting with the eyes in them!! this is yet another inspiration to all!!! I finally caved in and just ordered some clay! hopefully it will be here sometime this week, and being the first time I've ever sculpted anything in my life I really hope i can surprise myself!

Are you using WED?

I like the sculpt so far! You are getting all the dimensions down pat.

One trick for doing wrinkle on the skin is to take some thing plastic food wrap and lay it down on the sculpt and use a rounded tool to make wrinkles. (without tearing the plastic of course)

Good luck !

That thing is friggin' awesome bud, like where you are going with this and your working bullet fast lol like how your sculpting with the eyes in place already - nice idea. Can't wait to start sculpting on mine, missus has bought me some clay, tools etc for christmas so 3 weeks to start lol

What clay are you sculpting with?

I finally caved in and just ordered some clay! hopefully it will be here sometime this week, and being the first time I've ever sculpted anything in my life I really hope i can surprise myself!

Are you using WED?

Thats great to hear.....you never know....you may have a hidden talent!
I'm using "klean klay" firm , which is a non drying oil based clay.
Good luck with your 1st!

like how your sculpting with the eyes in place already - nice idea. Can't wait to start sculpting on mine, missus has bought me some clay, tools etc for christmas so 3 weeks to start lol

What clay are you sculpting with?

I wanted to sink the glass eyes into my armature for a couple of reasons really, mainly to get the size and shape right for the eyes (seeing as these glass eyes will be used when displaying, plus it's great to sculpt having pred eyes instead of human lol.
Again, i'm using "klean klay" for this....very similar to what you would have got from James.....it's what he used to supply before.
Best of luck for when you get your stuff at Xmas man!

I like the nose ridges, looks Klingonise, very bad ass sculpt buddy (y)

LOL.....they are not nose ridges man .....they "will" be brow ridges when they are finished......I would prefer to steer away from the klingon look lol

You are getting all the dimensions down pat.

thanks for the wrinkle advise..............but who's "Pat" ?.....lol

Cheers to all for the positive feedback......I have done a little more to it last night but havent taken any pics yet....i'll update again a bit later.
Cheers again

I wanted to sink the glass eyes into my armature for a couple of reasons really, mainly to get the size and shape right for the eyes (seeing as these glass eyes will be used when displaying, plus it's great to sculpt having pred eyes instead of human lol.
Again, i'm using "klean klay" for this....very similar to what you would have got from James.....it's what he used to supply before.
Best of luck for when you get your stuff at Xmas man!

Gotta get me some glass eyes then lol or ping pong balls might work lol thanks for the tip

I am going to use Chavant medium - bought a feck load of it from Usurper so hoping to work with that. I bought the tools from James etc, wasn't keen on the the klean klay replacement - industrial oil-based clay or something like that

Well, here's the update pics
DSCF1919.jpg

DSCF1922.jpg

DSCF1924.jpg

Still alot to do, the horns are just sitting on the sculpt at the mo....same with the toothpick quills.....got a lot of shaping and smoothing to do yet before I can move onto texturing....which is the bit I like the most as it really starts to come alive.
Cheers again

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back