Green power ranger helmet

LOL So I'm only almost 10 years older than you. I must be a dork.

Anyway, that Ring of Barahir would be sick if it could fit my like size 14 sausage finger.

haha, i will be a dork one day too then

sadly its only ment for display :( wore it a few times as a kid cause fit, now i cant, you can get cool replicas, but they couple of hundred :(

ok so the recent pics :)

took of the tape to revel sexy silver

2011-06-15_16-35-29_161.jpg

...Why are you painting the helmet's inner lip silver? The only silver in the mouth area is the mouth, itself, and it's frame, but the helmet part of the mouth is green, just as the rest of the helmet.

And, painting the teeth could be easier if you paint the whole teeth area white, then mask the white away and paint in the silver in the teeth.

only just realised ya right, was looking at a bad reference picture ¬_¬ needing to sort things out so will fix that as well, and cheers for the advice witht he white, makes sense lol :p

You must have gotten your paint reference from Aniki's first MMPR helmets pics. He used to paint them with the helmet's lip silver, too.

About the paint-job, normally, one is to paint the whole helmet with the base color. In your case, the whole thing would be primed and painted green. After the green cures, mask the green areas, that are to stay green, and paint in the white, silver and black (then gold and red for the jewel) on top of the green. At least, that's how we used to do it in the old days with automotive paint:

l.jpg

l.jpg

yeah tbh i did all this very badly :/ first time properly painting a helmet, its all a learning curve for me, learned some great lessons, and some harsh one's :/

thanks for the tips though :)

Why haven't I been receiving my email notifications for this thread? D: For your first helmet, it looks pretty good. Were you able to fix those paint runs you were talking about earlier?

As for what helmet to get next, I would vote for the Red Dairanger simply because I love those helmets, but if you're wanting to stay consistent with the Zyurangers, then definitely go with the Zyu Red. I'm still waiting patiently (kind of xD) for my Zyu Blue helmet to arrive. The last tracking update has it sitting in a shipping warehouse in San Francisco. At least it's in the same country as me now.

haha, well on my email is says i will not recieve any more post notifications till i check the thread out, could be why you aint getting any.

yeah im slowly sorting it out, been busy at work past few days so takin it easy, tomoz i should be ready to start re spraying it and properly fixing it :)

yeah im leaning more towards the red ranger, after all i do have a custom red ranger morpher :p

woop woop :p it took about a week for it to reach me from taiwan

Yeah, I know international shipping takes time. I'm just itching to get started on it! :D

I hadn't thought about your red morpher - that would look really nice next to a Red Ranger helmet on display. If the Green Ranger's morpher wasn't already a special color, I'd suggest making a green one, too. But you can't go wrong with the gold morpher.

been slowly cleaning up the helmet after the white unfortunately dripped all over it ¬_¬
i need to touch up some parts though ( silver ) with a paint brush. once that is done im redoing the black visor, and then redoing the green, and hopefully i will be back to where i was a week ago ¬_¬

2011-06-23_18-14-13_82.jpg

ah cheers mate :)
cant wait till its finished, should look awesome, havent had time to work on it at all recently cause of work :( will hopefully continue soon,

Nice work on the paint job! Overall it looks really well done. Please just tell me those were replica plates, and not original BOA or BOJ plates.

I can see why the helmet is taking so long. I've been working on mine for the last 3 nights, and I'm only on my second coat of primer to see how much more filling and sanding I have to do. That and I still haven't found a green that I like yet. LOL

Nice work on the paint job! Overall it looks really well done. Please just tell me those were replica plates, and not original BOA or BOJ plates.

I can see why the helmet is taking so long. I've been working on mine for the last 3 nights, and I'm only on my second coat of primer to see how much more filling and sanding I have to do. That and I still haven't found a green that I like yet. LOL

haha they were spare replica plates lol, and i love customising things and i go a little mental sometimes when doin it :/

also got a custom quasar sabre as well

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back