I'd paint it all white first then mask the gaps and do the orange metallic colour last.
This is exactly what I plan to do if I have a little time between now and when I fly out of town in a couple days. I'm just trying to find a clean way to do it without masking parts of the inner walls as well (and without going crazy trying to perfectly mask the gaps)

I tried to make a silicone coating then cut the pieces up to make some silicone inserts for those gaps, but unfortunately the silicone did not cure correctly. The paint I used wasn't done curing, and caused cure inhibition. :/ Going to scrub it off with a brush and try a few more things.

This could be a viable option for the metallic parts of the Pumpkin Bomb.
I thought about doing that! I don't have the funds at the moment to get that equipment, but it's on my wishlist of maker items. Once I get around to making a version that has electronics, I hope to try copper plating the petals with this method.

Unfortunately did not have a lot of time to work on this these last couple months (my printers were completely rented out for October) but it gave me time to think of better ways to paint the stunt. I'm trying these little stencils I made tonight or tomorrow (whenever the wind dies down.) Crossing my fingers these do the trick.
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 5.42.16 PM.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back