Green Goblin Helmet movie accurate paintjob

GF

Sr Member
Here's the Green Goblin helmet kit I'm working on with correct color shift paint applied, after many trials and errors I was able to nail the paintjob.
This was by far the most difficult helmet I ever painted especially when you have the pressure to not screw up since the special color shift paint alone was $200 just enough to paint one helmet, the prep work and base color have to be flawless before applying the color shift paint.

DSC04924_2.png

DSC04925_2.jpg

DSC04926_2.png

DSC04927.png

Last edited:
Chameleon paint....amazing...awesome job !!!

This is a color shift paint same what was use on the movie helmet and not as easy to find has some think, theres many brands and each have their own colors which have tons of different hues, the one I found is a almost if not a perfect match! the base color is a major factor for the final correct green/purple tones, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the same exact paint they used for the original helmet.

Last edited:
that is PHENOMENAL!!! Would love one but can't justify the cost currently……i'd have to go the whole hog and try and do the complete suit -and no where NEAR the talent to pull it off; that is brilliant *standing ovation*

This is a color shift paint same what was use on the movie helmet and not as easy to find has some think, theres many brands and each have their own colors which have tons of different hues, the one I found is a almost if not a perfect match! the base color is a major factor for the final correct green/purple tones, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the same exact paint they used for the original helmet.

I'd love to see photos again. Photobucket took your images down.

please share the paint technique and exactly what the paint was called I'm trying to make one of my own!
There are green color shifting paints that achieve the desired look. Spazstix has a green-orange-purple paint. Testors has a green-copper and purple fog that work as well. You should be able to find them easily.

Here's the Green Goblin helmet kit I'm working on with correct color shift paint applied, after many trials and errors I was able to nail the paintjob.
This was by far the most difficult helmet I ever painted especially when you have the pressure to not screw up since the special color shift paint alone was $200 just enough to paint one helmet, the prep work and base color have to be flawless before applying the color shift paint.

View attachment 1390510
View attachment 1390511
View attachment 1390512
View attachment 1390513
Super cool design! What did you use for the lenses? I'm making one of my own and can't find anything that works.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back