Goonies Map: Hero Version

Necro bump for newbies to see perfection in the art of Goonies replicas :)
Check out Indy Magnoli's awesome replicas from tons of films!!

If you have a chance to buy something from him, you won't regret it.

Wish I had been smarter, and looked here first. I just bought a $50 map on ebay that said it was "hand inked, professionally photographed ....." etc., and it IS nice- don't get me wrong- but it's trimmed a little wrong, and lacks the Hero detail:\

I'm trying to find good pics of the extra writing, to try and hand ink them in myself before Xmas. It's for my wife;)

And I HOPE the dubloon I bought was not a recast of yours.......

At the time I made this (about a decade ago), a lot of replicas neglected the extra text around the ocean, some (if not all) of the little numbers as well as the key next to the "skull bay". Since I made my version (and posted clear images of it) other replicators have since added more detail to their versions...

I just discovered that my Goonies Map was used for the official 30th Anniversary 2015 Calendar:

iipsrv.fcgi

Looks like someone bought one of my maps and scanned it to be used on this product without letting me know. Oh well... another one of my Goonies props recast by an officially licensed company! And looks like they used Brenton's Copper Bones as well! Sheesh...

I just discovered that my Goonies Map was used for the official 30th Anniversary 2015 Calendar.
Mmm, difficult situation. You can contact them, but what would you say? "Hey, I want to let you know that your official calendar is using a scan of the unofficial map I have been selling without having the necessary rights for it." :p

That's the situation the complete RPF community is in: most of the props here are made without owning the necessary licenses to do so. So once an official company "recasts" on of the props made here, it becomes very awkward... But indeed, consider it an honor that an official company chooses your work to proceed with. The best proof that you delivered great quality!

Yeah, Relic Maker and I seem to be the "official" prop replicators for the Goonies franchise between the Mezco recasts, Collectors Bluray and now this calendar... quite an honor. ;) Heck my Copper Bones is even in the Pirate Museum in St. Augustine, FL across from a screen used Jack Sparrow sword!

Fantastic. Can you PM me purchase info? I might be interested as the one I have just isn't up to snuff.

Thanks!

I am interested in the map, doubloon, and copper bones. I am making a trip to Astoria in December and it would be really cool to have these props with me. Thanks.

I have met Sean Astin and ke Quan just 3 days ago! Really cool guys! Now I wish I had magnolis map with me, would have been cool to have it signed by them or even for the photoshoot X)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back