Good news everybody.... Futurama returns

Awesome. Always thought Simpsons should have been cancelled long ago, and Futurama been the one to stay on the air. So many more possibilities, and I feel like it has better humor. Looking forward to it!

Too little, too late in my book. I loved the way they ended the series when Futurama came back for the second time. Now what... a sequel to the sequel that ended the original run?

Have we learned nothing from Star Trek / Star Wars / Marvel and DC Extended Universe?

futurama GIF

Eh, it's a cartoon sitcom.
They didn't write a good ending because they were out of stories to tell, or that the show was over for some cannonical reason. it was cancelled.
Now it's not cancelled, so they're back to do more cartoon sitcom.

Futurama is such a weird thing to me. I loved the original run of the series and when it was canned first, it stank, but I moved on. When it came back--twice--I did find that the stories and tone of the series changed and it wasn't exactly my thing. It did get a nice wrap up and I thought that was at least a better ending than those kind of terrible "movies" made in the interim when Futurama was originally cancelled.

This show is the only example I know of that no one watched when it's originally running, and only gets popular when it's cancelled and gone.

Not for me.

I love the original run, but as I'm fond of quoting: Sometimes, dead is better.

The Comedy Central version just wasn't the same. I bailed on the first season. Horrible writing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back