Toho Godzilla returns "Godzilla Minus One"

They are a little pricey, but the X-plus line is highly detailed and very accurate to the movies.

If you buy from the Japan Godzilla store and import it, you can get them a little cheaper.

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool.
I wonder if they will make a version with his fins/spikes glowing that bluish color and shooting his atomic breath, which was pretty insane in this new film.

Shonen Ric usually has variants. Harder to order, I've not tried before.

Nice, and not surprised they already have this out....and is also sold out now....also not surprising.

Usually I like the standard non-Shonen Ric figures more but in this case, I prefer the Ric version. The standard G-1 design is monochromatic. That pop of blue gives it a nice contrast.

Nice. That article mentions there will be a second preorder. The Shonen Ric site shows them as sold out already...

The premium figures I really want are solely SH Figu/MonsterArts toys. I really wanted to snag the SH MonsterArts Minus One Goji and the Shin Goji when that came out but the prices on those things are nearly unreasonable, albeit understandable. Small batch, limited orders and the level of detail and articulation that goes into them--yeah, I get why they go for the prices they do, but that pretty much excludes me from ever getting one.

Last edited:
The premium figures I really want are solely SH Figu/MonsterArts toys. I really wanted to snag the SH MonsterArts Minus One Goji and the Shin Goji when that came out but the prices on those things are nearly unreasonable, albeit understandable. Small batch, limited orders and the level of detail and articulation that goes into them--yeah, I get why they go for the prices they do, but that pretty much excludes me from ever getting one.

Would you be interested in the Minus Color version? I see it's still available for pre-order...

Check out this review. Maybe you caught a break. It seems this figure isn't quite worth the asking price...

Ron

The only thing that concerns me is the price. I've been repainting and modding figures ever since I could buy them myself (not so much now as I'm a grown man and have more or less stopped buying toys all together), so if this guy's biggest gripe is inconsistent paint application and lack of accessories, I'm cool with both of those things. I can fix the former and make the latter. I'm used to toys having sloppy paint and having to fix them. Hell, I'm used to toys coming broken and fixing them. I can make a heat ray with an LED in it and it'd be better than anything Bandai could ever make available, so I'm okay with that. While accessories are nice in theory to have, I honestly don't want them. I have a bin of accessories from various purchases long ago just gathering dust. I want Vader, not the boxes he threw at Luke on Bespin.

If it ever comes up on the after-market cheaper, I'll likely pick one up then.

Is it just me or is 139.99 an insane price for a 6.5 inch figure? The MonsterArts line has great detail and articulation and all but damn. I'm not even sure it's even worth half that price.

Is it just me or is 139.99 an insane price for a 6.5 inch figure? The MonsterArts line has great detail and articulation and all but damn. I'm not even sure it's even worth half that price.

It is but it's been like that so long you sort of get numb. Similar priced superhero figures come with lots of goodies and sometimes light up features. Godzilla should come with something more. Give us some airplanes, maser tanks, cannons. Something.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back