ALIEN: ROMULUS News And Updates!

NostromoCrew

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm cautiously optimistic about this one!

Production is currently underway in Budapest, Hungary. Probably at ORIGO Studios [The Martian (2015), Blade Runner 2049 (2017), Dune (2021), Etc...].

Fede Álvarez seams like a great choice, just form listening to interviews with him speaking about film, lighting, color, horror, etc... I feel like he understands what made the first Alien film Great. And the fact that he pitched this story to Ridley Scott in an elevator. I can only hope this will be a “back to basics” film, I hope the story is good, I hope they take their TIME to develop the characters and plot. I really hope it looks closer to the first film as far as production design and costuming .

What seems to be audition tapes were leaked/discovered on Vimeo, reported by avpgalexy.net, two of the tapes were taken down within a few hours, make of that what you will. Although these are just audition tapes, the scenes are most probably not taken for the script. But I think they do give us a FEEL as to the scripts direction and mood. The Perfect Organism Podcast have a good take on this:

It's no secret that I'm obsessed with the first film on so many levels, especially the costume design. So I really do hope we are going to see some of that original costume look in this new instalment. And if I'm reading the clues right, this might be what we’re going to get!

What do you guys think?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one!

Production is currently underway in Budapest, Hungary. Probably at ORIGO Studios [The Martian (2015), Blade Runner 2049 (2017), Dune (2021), Etc...].

Fede Álvarez seams like a great choice, just form listening to interviews with him speaking about film, lighting, color, horror, etc... I feel like he understands what made the first Alien film Great. And the fact that he pitched this story to Ridley Scott in an elevator. I can only hope this will be a “back to basics” film, I hope the story is good, I hope they take their TIME to develop the characters and plot. I really hope it looks closer to the first film as far as production design and costuming .

What seems to be audition tapes were leaked/discovered on Vimeo, reported by avpgalexy.net, two of the tapes were taken down within a few hours, make of that what you will. Although these are just audition tapes, the scenes are most probably not taken for the script. But I think they do give us a FEEL as to the scripts direction and mood. The Perfect Organism Podcast have a good take on this:

It's no secret that I'm obsessed with the first film on so many levels, especially the costume design. So I really do hope we are going to see some of that original costume look in this new instalment. And if I'm reading the clues right, this might be what we’re going to get!

What do you guys think?

So…are the Aliens also distant relatives of the Vulcans and do they have cloaking technology?

Do they explain the Romulus part in the podcast. It sounds very Star Trekkie, ; )

In Roman mythology, Romulus and Remus are twin brothers whose story tells of the events that led to the founding of the city of Rome and the Roman Kingdom by Romulus, following his fratricide of Remus. The image of the she-wolf suckling the twin brothers is the symbol of the city of Rome.

Romulus and his brother were essentially Raised By Wolves, in line with the themes Ridley Scott toyed with in the Tv series by the same name.
I really like Romulus, but it’s just the working title at this point. So, we shall see...

Last edited:
I just hope we get a movie that it full of easter eggs and homages to the original films. Something that straddles the line between in-your-face member berries and deep cuts. Something that is a veiled retread of past storylines and not really moving the story forward in any meaningful way.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I want a modern franchise film.

Last edited:
I just hope we get a movie that it full of easter eggs and homages to the original films. Something that straddles the line between in-your-face member berries and deep cuts. Something that is a veiled retread of past storylines and not so much moving the story forward in any meaningful way.

Then I can confidently say you will NOT be disappointed!

I just hope we get a movie that it full of easter eggs and homages to the original films. Something that straddles the line between in-your-face member berries and deep cuts. Something that is a veiled retread of past storylines and not really moving the story forward in any meaningful way.

Well, eggs yes...maybe not Easter ones...but defo eggs in the movie:lol:

I also hope they keep the 1979 aesthetic intact--it is what made ALIEN so special.
That's just looking back at the film with nostalgia, it's like the 1970s aesthetic was some sort of deliberate choice by Scott. The film was shot with a '70s aesthetic because the film was written and shot in the '70s, so of course it's going to have a '70s aesthetic. That being said, I do hope that the film evokes a '70s aesthetic without necessarily making it look like a film shot back in the '70s.

That's just looking back at the film with nostalgia, it's like the 1970s aesthetic was some sort of deliberate choice by Scott. The film was shot with a '70s aesthetic because the film was written and shot in the '70s, so of course it's going to have a '70s aesthetic. That being said, I do hope that the film evokes a '70s aesthetic without necessarily making it look like a film shot back in the '70s.
True. I think that this aesthetic contributed to the charm of the film.

Have you played Alien: Isolation? It came out in 2014, and the developers only designed items, machines, computer terminals, etc.. that were available back when the original was made. I think that this is a major part of what made that game so successful. I hope it is possible to do the same with this film.

From what I've heard so far through the grape vines, and from something that I personally cannot yet speak about... I think the odds are looking very good that this is the direction they are aiming for. I hope...

Is this going to be a TV release only? That would suck.

BFF5DFD5-070C-43F1-AA46-92458DA33F3C.jpeg

Riceball: I'm sorry to announce that your use of the number 70 was over the RPF threshold set up by the Mods long ago :lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back