Good Airbrush Set?

i use an Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS. it's not the best for fine detail, but it's over all great. if you can, get the triple action handle. it makes clean up and de-clogging a breeze.

Hi,

I looked up IWATA MEDIA air brush kits too. I'm also new to air brushing, and I want to be able to do some good detailing as well. But, since I am new I'll leave what I found for you to critique. I looked on eBay and came up with this.

I found the Eclipse HP-BCS and it doesn't seem to be that bad in price: $199.99 + $19.98 for S/H.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-IWATA-HP-CS-Eclips...=item335ac3b0a9

Are there any other kits that you would consider good?

Thanks.

I just purchased a "GREX" airbrush system a few days ago at the "Haunted House" convention I go to every year - I will post a review once I get to play with it some, at the show they were great and worked very easily for both newbies and pros that were there.

Hey again,

I'm looking more into airbrush sets. I'm looking at the Paasche H Airbrush set and the Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS Airbrush set. These seem to be two pretty good sets. My plans are to paint skins, helmets, bios, and eventually armor. The Paasche H set is about $70 retail or [I was going to purchase the Monstermakers Deluxe Latex Mask Making kit, and the set is included]. The Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS set is probably around the same price. Although I found a seller on eBay sells a complete set for $200 [with an air-compressor].

I know from another post I need at least a 3/4 HP air compressor [and depending on the model, an air regulator too]. I just don't know which is better for an air supply--an air compressor that requires filling [would be multi-useful] that I could pick up at walmart or Sears. Or and air-compressor like the one offered with the Iwata Eclipse set, details about this air compressor below:

"IWATA Eclipse HP-BCS Airbrush System
Iwata Eclipsce HP-BCS Airbrush Kit along with Quiet Airbrush-Depot TC-20 Air Compressor
"

Is that a good compressor, one that would/could handle painting various items?

If the Paasche H is a really good set, then maybe I'll save for the Deluxe mask making kit and get all the material to start making masks, bios, and armor.

There seems to be a lot to consider, I just want to make a good choice. This is why I am asking for you help.

Thanks in advance for your reply's,

munson

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back