GoldenArmor.com = Chaucer44 (banned recaster)

Have you tried a Google image search?
Yeah, but I really only found stuff from Chaucer himself on his website and a few other people who bought the kits as well. I was just interested to see the condition of brocket’s castings as I now wonder the quality of my castings (I post pictures when they arrive). Though I think I could fix em up if it came down to it, I still am just hoping for the best. It’s a good thing that I found this forum as I almost bought the “baby man eater” kit from him as well. No matter how my fix-its turn out, I doubt I’ll be buying anything from him again based off of what I read here.

I unfortunately purchased from him not knowing any better either. I purchased a blast shield helmet kit from him. It wasn't the best kit but I enjoyed the build process so much that I purchased another kit so I could improve my build and painting skills. When I sold the first helmet I had it listed here on the forums at which point I was informed that he was a recaster. So I built the second kit and I am happy with the work I did on it, but knowing how much work I had to do to it I wouldn't recommend getting any of his stuff based on that alone. Given the work I did I got some very kind responses to my work. A few people asked me where I got it and at that point I knew better so I refused to give the guy's name to anyone because I don't support recasting. While on the one hand I am happy with my helmet I wouldn't recommend his work to anyone.

I've spent years focusing on sewing costumes so I have little to no knowledge of different makers for armor and other props so even though I've been in this hobby for decades I don't have a broad knowledge of certain areas as many of you do. I'm glad people here were kind enough to let me know about this Chaucer guy though so I didn't inadvertently promote his stuff and come across as a shill.

Oh man, I'd pretty much put the trauma of buying a Chaucer kit out of my head until I saw this. It was a lot of years ago, but I bought a set of (ostensibly) fiberglass Fett gauntlets before I knew his reputation. Or maybe he hadn't quite earned the rep yet? I honestly don't remember. In any case, what I got were lumpy, brittle, soft-detailed garbage resin parts cast around what might have generously been called fiberglass cloth at one point in its life, before some unfortunate animal must have gnawed it to pieces. Some of the solid (and I use the term loosely) resin cast detail parts had bubbles so big that they almost went clear through the whole part. Everything was so bad that I nearly threw it all out on sight. I ended up keeping them, and eventually giving them away to someone here a while later (with full disclosure of the box-o-crap I was sending them), and that person actually did an amazing job of salvaging them into something usable.

Chaucer44, not even once. Unless you've already accidentally done it once.

Last edited:
So with all this considered, what's the deal with the 3d files he sells. Are they any good, has anyone got them ok ?

I can't see that Adrian has the ability or creativity to make 3D files on his own. He probably stole them as he has many of his actual prop replicas he sells.

I'll chime in... I bought a fiberglass Boba Fett jetpack kit from Golden Armor around 2005 or so.
It was so warped that it was essentially unusable. The roughest, most warped kit I've ever received in all my prop buying years.

By contrast, I found a BEAUTIFUL fiberglass jetpack from a seller on Etsy a few years ago, and I'm currently finishing up that one. The contrast between the two pieces was staggering.

I think Golden Armor puts extra effort into the props in his videos and pictures, but the casting you actually receive will look like it got run over by the UPS truck that delivered it.

IMO, I would steer very clear of any and all Golden Armor props.

I nearly ordered a y-wing helmet from them. Glad I saw this thread. He is actively promoting his products on Facebook from time to time.

I nearly ordered a y-wing helmet from them. Glad I saw this thread. He is actively promoting his products on Facebook from time to time.
If you see him promoting there, report the post to ADMIN on the page and let them know he is a known remaster than thief. They should remove him.

He doesn’t seem to care.

D065F1FB-B769-4574-BE22-5C3C1C305AA5.jpeg

BA1F92CE-9573-48C5-8352-9D56B5341AEA.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back