GoldenArmor.com = Chaucer44 (banned recaster)

I am actually very glad I saw this thread. Sadly, the purchase from him wasn't able to be avoided, but at least it makes sense now.

My girlfriend got me a Pepsi Perfect Kit as a gift for me from GA (Don't blame her, she didn't know any better either :p). It arrived in the mail, (late) and when I opened it up, I was super happy. The Decal was surprisingly very well made and I was excited to trim off the (exceedingly abundant) excess plastic from the two halves of the vacuum form pull.

It turns out that there actually weren't... two..."halves" per say... more like two 1/3rds. Not enough to make a bottle, that's for sure.

I sent the guy an email, and he was nice enough to look over the bucks and send me a new set of halves (actually halves this time. In fact more than halves so there's a WHOLE lot more trimming to do... I digress).

It turns out that I have a whole lot more work ahead of me than expected to get this thing looking decent. At least I have some sort of parts to work with and a decent looking decal, But I would not recommend doing business with this guy. If something as simple as vacuum forming can be screwed up this bad, and his casts are as screwy as I've seen on here, then it is definitely not worth your time.

If I knew about this recaster beforehand, I would have told my girlfriend to try and get her money back asap. It's still one of the best presents I've ever gotten though, she knew how much I wanted one of those bottles, and it somehow makes it more special since I'm basically building the dang thing from scratch :$.

I know Pepsi Perfect bottles are hard to come by, especially at a good price.
I wish I was around when Gary Weaver was doing his runs :unsure
Save yourself the pain, learn from me, don't order from GA.

Well...I feel like crap. I bought one of his Rebel Pilot helmet kits last year for my Wedge Antilles build. Everything looked pretty good and you can order decal sets for specific pilots. The only reason I have problems putting it on is because I trimmed the spacer tabs too much, so it's a bit too narrow. I can put it on, but not easily. I will say that the decals are not that great. They're water-slide but when I put them on, the color started rubbing off. So, I painted over them with the appropriate color. The Wedge Antilles decal set is also only has one of the "Circle with lines" decal that's on the side right around where your ears would be. I emailed the guy, and he did sent me another one at no charge, but I don't think he's changed the sheet to include the second one.

I did all the painting and weathering by hand, except for the base primer layer and dealing layers which were sprayed on. I've gotten a lot of comments on it, and the costume as a whole, but if GA is as bad as everyone is saying, then I feel bad about it. And I definitely feel a bit pissed dropping that much money on it.

Ok so I thought i would comment on my very recent experience with goldenarmor. I am unbiased because i do not build models regularly and do not have anything to compare to. That being said, I wanted to get my girlfriend something special for her birthday..one of her favorite movies is Batteries Not Included (she loves wheems) So after much searching I sadly discovered there were not any toys really released for this film so naturally I began looking for props. I came across Goldenarmor.com and for the price I thought..I could do this and this would make an amazingly special gift if I assemble it myself. I ordered it right away and made sure to note that this was for a birthday present and I would need it as fast as possible. The response was extremely slow at first, and I actually began getting worried it would not arrive. Cris finally responded however and promised to get the model kit out in 10-12 days. He stayed true to that and my kit arrived on time.....I am sad to say he shipped this expensive little kit in a bubble mailer...that really dissapointed me that he couldnt even put it in a safe box. Luckily no parts were broken...well not from shipping anyways...cris drimmeled some of the stuff for me because I had mentioned I had never drimmeled before. the left arm to the kit was broken off as well as a pc on the back, from what looks like careless fast drimmeling. I messaged him absolutely furious and he told me to buy an epoxy putty to fix and that this happens all the time with model kits that are cast "old school." i was a little upset that I had to go out and buy extra stuff and that it didnt look like the picture shown on the website. The putty worked great however and I was able to reshape a new arm and back pc. I cannot compare this kit to other model kits and castings because I do not do this on a regular basis. I will say the price was affordable for me and the overall end product turned out great. I got a sketchy vibe from the get go but luckily for me things turned out ok. One of the reasons I bought this kit was because he claims the kit is made from molds from the ones in the movie. After reading all of the above posts I am sad to think that this may not be true, I'm not sure. It sounds like he has burned a lot of people and that people complain about the quality of his casts. Mine turned out ok, it wasnt great but it was not terrible. After I assembled and painted it looks amazing in the display case I put together. So that is my unbiased experience with goldenarmor. It wasnt horrible...but it wasnt great either.

Sorry to bump,the thread but last night I came across this kit of Mr Kims boat from Fifth Element. I've been after a kit of this for years and was wondering if its a recast? If it is does anyone know the original builder and if he sells them? I won't buy off GA but I really want one of those boats

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=84646

I dont know if its a recast, why you dont ask him?
This guy is banned here, and i am sure it was because of reasonable problems he caused.
315USD is a lot, but this is meanwhile a common price for a lot garage kit models.
21inch ist big. I would expect not too much of the casting quality and of course this is a kit which needs a lot of work.
Golden Armor is not the worst producer of garage kits and i have bought a lot of them in the past.
Some of them are so terrible, you are attempted to throw them away ....... if they would not be the only existing kits for what you want.
To cut a long story short, this will not be the best kit, its expensive from a suspected caster and you will be forced to put a lot of work in it......

I just came across a replica Mondoshawan head from the Fifth Element on eBay. I got really excited because I’ve never seen one available. But after taking one look at the pics, my spidey senses tingled. I scrolled down to the seller name and BOOM - it’s Chaucer.

How does this guy have a 100% feedback rating??

69F63613-B628-46F2-9CAB-635892D58CFD.jpeg
7430E876-3FBC-454B-85F0-BB338DD3AA92.jpeg

Help th
Ok so I thought i would comment on my very recent experience with goldenarmor. I am unbiased because i do not build models regularly and do not have anything to compare to. That being said, I wanted to get my girlfriend something special for her birthday..one of her favorite movies is Batteries Not Included (she loves wheems) So after much searching I sadly discovered there were not any toys really released for this film so naturally I began looking for props. I came across Goldenarmor.com and for the price I thought..I could do this and this would make an amazingly special gift if I assemble it myself. I ordered it right away and made sure to note that this was for a birthday present and I would need it as fast as possible. The response was extremely slow at first, and I actually began getting worried it would not arrive. Cris finally responded however and promised to get the model kit out in 10-12 days. He stayed true to that and my kit arrived on time.....I am sad to say he shipped this expensive little kit in a bubble mailer...that really dissapointed me that he couldnt even put it in a safe box. Luckily no parts were broken...well not from shipping anyways...cris drimmeled some of the stuff for me because I had mentioned I had never drimmeled before. the left arm to the kit was broken off as well as a pc on the back, from what looks like careless fast drimmeling. I messaged him absolutely furious and he told me to buy an epoxy putty to fix and that this happens all the time with model kits that are cast "old school." i was a little upset that I had to go out and buy extra stuff and that it didnt look like the picture shown on the website. The putty worked great however and I was able to reshape a new arm and back pc. I cannot compare this kit to other model kits and castings because I do not do this on a regular basis. I will say the price was affordable for me and the overall end product turned out great. I got a sketchy vibe from the get go but luckily for me things turned out ok. One of the reasons I bought this kit was because he claims the kit is made from molds from the ones in the movie. After reading all of the above posts I am sad to think that this may not be true, I'm not sure. It sounds like he has burned a lot of people and that people complain about the quality of his casts. Mine turned out ok, it wasnt great but it was not terrible. After I assembled and painted it looks amazing in the display case I put together. So that is my unbiased experience with goldenarmor. It wasnt horrible...but it wasnt great either.
Hello there, I just bought all three baby robots and only just came across this post. I’m hoping for the best of luck, but I was wondering if you happened to have any pictures of the little fella (wheems). Either the initial raw casting or your finished version.

THIS is a blast from the past! In checking, this thread goes back twelve years now! Yet people are still buying from him mostly out of not knowing any better. So, it's good that this keeps getting banged up to the top to warn the newer members here.

Help th

Hello there, I just bought all three baby robots and only just came across this post. I’m hoping for the best of luck, but I was wondering if you happened to have any pictures of the little fella (wheems). Either the initial raw casting or your finished version.
Have you tried a Google image search?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back