Glass (Unbreakable Sequel) (Post-release)

What did you think of Glass?

• It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Unbreakable Sequel

I hope they do make a sequel of this movie. Absolutely brilliant movie! A 'superhero' movie with a earthly realistic approach.

On of my all time favorite movies. I even have a David Dunn costume in the works.

Loved this film, and IMHO an underrated film. Really loved the ending. I'm scared to hope for a sequel though.

Problematic.
Remember that Unbreakable (like all his films) is all about the twist ending. I'm not sure where you'd go from there - especially in the hands of the same director. It's like making a sequel to a Twilight Zone episode.
If MNS has more story to tell beyond this I'd definitely be interested, though.

Unbreakable is one of my all time favourite movies too. And though the twist ending is neat, the movie is more substantial than that. Lot of great character moments, symbolism and that single take fight scene with the Orange Man is awesome and so is the epic score by James Newton Howard.

It's a unique take on the mythos of superheroes before superheroes became mainstream in cinema, including before non-costumed superhumans like in Heroes became famous. And there is so much more story potential in that world without necessarily losing its grounded feel nor having the need to have typical superhero costumes.

Last edited:

Shyamalan tweeted the following and linked to that Slashfilm article and Patton responded.

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/573917005599764480

MNightShyamalan: I may need to fly @ pattonoswalt out to Philly to help me crack the Unbreakable sequel. Love the enthusiasm! http://www.slashfilm.com/patton-oswalt-unbreakable-2/

pattonoswalt: .@ MNightShyamalan I wasn't ******* around in that video, Mr. Shymalan. You started a dark, epic trilogy. FINISH IT. (please?)

pattonoswalt: .@ MNightShyamalan Aaaaaand excuse the typo.

Split, from what I read, doesn't have the drastic twist (aka The Six Sense, Unbreakable), but it has a twist that makes us realize the film is actually a side story that takes place in a familiar film universe we've been introduced to.

And upon hearing it, I have to say I hope more come. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! Did NOT see that coming!

tumblr_inline_n9i9qsR7ra1r1zkbr.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back