****Gladiator Helmet*****Finished

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SiR-ROUND @ Dec 5 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]1371695[/snapback]</div>
Don't mean to nitpick, but the movie one seems to have more studs?
[/b]

Yep since I downsize the helmet, it looked kind of rediculous with same amount of spikes. Not enough space between them and just didnt look right.

Just stubled upon this and brought back memories, Thought some people might find this interesting, I made one ages ago heres some pix..

DSCF0022640x480.jpg

DSCF0026640x480.jpg

DSCF0043640x480.jpg

gladiator3640x480.jpg

gladiator2640x480.jpg

Blast from the past lol.....

Just found this picture a few days ago of my bronze helmet, thought some of you might find it interesting how much bronze oxidizes in 3 years just sitting in my room

If I ever get motivated I want to retool this helmet to make it more accurate and maybe get a run of these going.

gear005.jpg

Last edited:
Owning your 300 helmet, knowing how damn nice it is, if you decide to do a run of these I'd be in for sure. I've wanted a nice human sized Gladiator helmet since the movie came out!

I've been waiting for someone to produce a really screen-accurate gladiator helmet made from resin/fiberglass like the original prop, so I'd be interested depending on the final sculpt.

I wonder if someone can get their hands on an original production mold or castings?

I've been waiting for someone to produce a really screen-accurate gladiator helmet made from resin/fiberglass like the original prop, so I'd be interested depending on the final sculpt.

I wonder if someone can get their hands on an original production mold or castings?

Ive yet to see any pictures of the helmet outside of the movie. I know some of the armor/shield and stuff were on display but ive not seen any pictures of the helmet other than screen caps

Nice helmets guys, and good to here from Celtic Touch again :)

I'm absolutely amazed with all the talent on this board that no-one has attempted the helmet from the guy in the end- battle sequence - I can't remember his name, but he was the only gladiator brought out of retirement to kill Maximus.

Remember the helmet with the flip-down faceplate? Would've been more difficult to make than Maximus' helmet, but waaaay cooler IMO

Has anyone attempted this helmet (yet) ? :love

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

no-one has attempted the helmet from the guy in the end- battle sequence - I can't remember his name, but he was the only gladiator brought out of retirement to kill Maximus.

Can't say if anyone has tried that or not...but the character was Tigris of Gaul. He now walks with a limp.

Shawn

Nice helmets guys, and good to here from Celtic Touch again :)

I'm absolutely amazed with all the talent on this board that no-one has attempted the helmet from the guy in the end- battle sequence - I can't remember his name, but he was the only gladiator brought out of retirement to kill Maximus.

Remember the helmet with the flip-down faceplate? Would've been more difficult to make than Maximus' helmet, but waaaay cooler IMO

Has anyone attempted this helmet (yet) ? :love

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

I was thinking about doing it but thought it was a rather boring helmet compared to Maximuses, so opted never to do it.

Hi guys, sorry for the necro post but just wondering if anyone has looked into commissioning or creating the tigris helm, would be interested for sure
imageudry.jpg

It's an impressive master piece imho

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back