slytherinTale

I was dusting my room and accidently knocked over a replica yellow powet ranger helmet of my husbands. Unfortunately it fell visor first and the visor cracked. The original maker is unavailable according to my husband but i need to find somewhere to get this fixed. Any solutions would be helpful photo of the helmet attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 42
I was dusting my room and accidently knocked over a replica yellow powet ranger helmet of my husbands. Unfortunately it fell visor first and the visor cracked. The original maker is unavailable according to my husband but i need to find somewhere to get this fixed. Any solutions would be helpful photo of the helmet attached

hello and welcome to the forum.

It would help all the experts here to see the problem. Can you post a pic of the damage? It would also help to know what materials are used for the visor.

hello and welcome to the forum.

It would help all the experts here to see the problem. Can you post a pic of the damage? It would also help to know what materials are used for the visor.
image.jpg

Visor is most likely made out of fiberglass. My husband isn’t 1000% sure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Do you need to help find a good divorce lawyer? :lol:

But seriously, perhaps you can post a picture of the damaged visor so that we can determine how to deal with the problem. It is doubtful that a cracked visor can be repaired without it showing the crack clearly. But it may be replicated easily if the part is simple enough.

****Edit. Posted this right after you posted your pictures. I'm assuming the visor is transparent?

TazMan2000

Generally there are no stores that do this sort of stuff...any that I'd trust. This is a relatively simple task for someone who knows what they are doing. If the visor can somehow be flattened (if it is a bendable material, which by the crack, doesn't seem so) you need to make a tracing of the shape. If it can't be flattened, you could always use a piece of paper to trace the outline. Transfer that cutout to a piece of tinted safety visor and glue it back on. Be careful what glue you use to bond it to the helmet, as some glues may discolor paints (can happen after a few days to a few years) which will lead to more costly repairs.

If you post the city that you live in, you might find someone local on here to do the work so you don't have to risk damage in shipping.

TazMan2000

Looks to be a thin tinted acrylic. What I would do is pop the visor out, use CA glue to temporarily fix the crack together, and use masking tape or painters tape to cover the visor to get its shape. Then I'd get something like a tinted visor/face shield, like these, and then transfer that tape pattern from the broken visor on to that face shield to cut out a new visor. I think these can even be shaped with heat if the visor needs to be curved.

Thank you for posting a pic. I see the damage, and it doesn't look too bad.

I am looking at the 2nd photo. I believe it is a photo of the inside of the helmet.

Does this mean that the visor is not removable from the helmet?

Does this helmet get worn for costuming purposes, or only displayed?

Is this visor "see thru"? or is it opaic?

If the visor is 'fiberglass,' (opaic) then it is a matter super gluing the crack, sanding, and painting.

If the visor is optical, (meaning you can see thru it) then it is best replaced with material from the Amazon link above. This means that the visor must be removed from the helmet, and a new one is identically cut/shaped and reinstalled.

Do you need to help find a good divorce lawyer? :lol:

But seriously, perhaps you can post a picture of the damaged visor so that we can determine how to deal with the problem. It is doubtful that a cracked visor can be repaired without it showing the crack clearly. But it may be replicated easily if the part is simple enough.

****Edit. Posted this right after you posted your pictures. I'm assuming the visor is transparent?

TazMan2000
Yes, it is transparent with the black tint

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back